Search the forum,

Discuss Power flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

richardtheplumb

Hi guys need some advice please on where I can hire a power flush unit "that's if they can be hired" and if so roughly how much would they cost, and also how difficult are they to get to grips with. I said I wouldn't go down this road but I have a couple of customers who need this done and I'm thinking of giving it a go

You can hire from most hire shops. Diy is not as hard as it looks but kep in mind, when hard water is heated, calcium and magnesium contained in the water can build up a limescale in the central heating system, especially in boiler's heat exchanger. This creates an insulating layer, reducing heat transfer to the water and reducing efficiency of the boiler. A 1 mm layer of limescale will cause a 7% increase in energy input to the boiler to meet the same heat demand, so more gas is burned and fuel bills are much higher. Limescale can also restrict or block water passageway in the central heating system (especially in boiler heat exchanger) affecting water flow rate and reducing water temperature. That is not o straight forward to remove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock