Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Suprima no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eccy

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and I have a problem with my Potterton Suprima (not sure if there is a model number or anything you may need to help), in that the central heating works perfectly, we had an issue with the hot water actuator valve, which I have since replaced thinking that this was the cause of it not heating the water up. It appears that I was wrong, because even with the new AV fitted and working as it should, we still have no hot water. I can hear it flowing through the pipes but when I come to the hot taps it is just cold water.

What could be the problem? I really need this fixing.

TIA for any help.

eccy

needs to be traced out with a multimeter to see at what point it fails if the heating works its not a boiler fault either wiring or external control

Is there a plumber on here local to Stoke-on-Trent who can come and have a look for a decent rate at all?

Have you checked the water level in the small roof tank, system may be partly out of water

Ok, then cold feed pipe from tank to where it connects to system could be blocked stopping water getting into system

How do I unblock the cold water feed?

Sorry for all the questions, I need to get this sorted.

Have you got your programmer turned on?

Does the boiler fire up when just hot water is called for?

Do you have 1 or 2 valves in the airing cupboard (1 being a 3 port valve or 2 2 port valves)

Who changed the actuator valve? Is it correctly fitted and wired back in correctly?

Millsy, yes I have the programmer turned on, the boiler fires up and regulates the heat and the water pipes get hot (I assume signifying water being heated), there are 2 2 port valves on the system, one for heating and one for water. I changed the actuator and changed wire for wire, exactly how it was wired in originally when we moved into the house.

Would the ballcock in the F&E tank allow water through if the cold feed was blocked?

Thanks

Ball valve lets water into the tank, the pipe coming out tops up the heating system, dirt gets drawn down this pipe and blocks it, usely where it joins onto the heating pipework, you have to drain system, empty small tank and cut into the 15mm feed pipe near the bottom and clear any blockage, check that rest of feed pipe is clear, reconnect pipe use a compression or push fit fitting so you can remove it if any future problems

Cheers for that jtsplumbing, i'll give it a go and get someone to fit one of the 2 fittings. Which is the better one or both more or less the same?

Undo top nut on side of cylinder. Use a few towels to collect the water as it and the air sputters out

Cheers for that jtsplumbing, i'll give it a go and get someone to fit one of the 2 fittings. Which is the better one or both more or less the same?

Depends if you can get at it with a spanner

OK guys, new 'issue', the there is still no hot water coming from the taps using just the boiler, but when I have the immersion heater and boiler on the water comes out warm. I have tried the washer pipe airlock trick to no avail, and cannot get hold of a spanner to release the nut on top of the immersion. The pipe coming from the top of the immersion is warm until you get about half way up, which suggests and airlock, but I cannot confirm this.

Any other suggestions or am I just going to have to fork out for a plumber for what could potentially be a simple fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Suprima no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock