Discuss Potterton Suprima no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ball valve lets water into the tank, the pipe coming out tops up the heating system, dirt gets drawn down this pipe and blocks it, usely where it joins onto the heating pipework, you have to drain system, empty small tank and cut into the 15mm feed pipe near the bottom and clear any blockage, check that rest of feed pipe is clear, reconnect pipe use a compression or push fit fitting so you can remove it if any future problems

Cheers for that jtsplumbing, i'll give it a go and get someone to fit one of the 2 fittings. Which is the better one or both more or less the same?

Undo top nut on side of cylinder. Use a few towels to collect the water as it and the air sputters out

Cheers for that jtsplumbing, i'll give it a go and get someone to fit one of the 2 fittings. Which is the better one or both more or less the same?

Depends if you can get at it with a spanner

OK guys, new 'issue', the there is still no hot water coming from the taps using just the boiler, but when I have the immersion heater and boiler on the water comes out warm. I have tried the washer pipe airlock trick to no avail, and cannot get hold of a spanner to release the nut on top of the immersion. The pipe coming from the top of the immersion is warm until you get about half way up, which suggests and airlock, but I cannot confirm this.

Any other suggestions or am I just going to have to fork out for a plumber for what could potentially be a simple fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Suprima no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a...
Replies
Views
I have an old Potterton suprima boiler with a hot water tank and pump. We have hot water but no heating, the light on the boiler is showing amber...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock