Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Positive Pressure / Negative Pressure Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

skaly

What is the best way to define a Positive and Negative Pressure Boiler.

www.gas-news.co.uk/cleanup/HSE_PPB.pdf

list of positive pressure boilers

Blow air in or blow fumes out --- ? Older boilers would draw air in from outside and 'blow' in into the burner chamber hence forming a positive pressure on the cas seals! Modern boilers blow fumes out causing a suction within the burner chamber :)

Last edited by a moderator:
positive pressure more dangerous as probs with seals can be pushed back into the room

So negative is when the fan is sucking poc from the chamber and creating a negative pressure inside, How is it classed with the pre mix burner as in the HE boilers are they positive ?

So negative is when the fan is sucking poc from the chamber and creating a negative pressure inside, How is it classed with the pre mix burner as in the HE boilers are they positive ?
Technically new premix burners are positive pressure, but not in the conventional sense. The fan is not putting the case under positive pressure.

I'd class pre mix burners as mini forced draught burners, negative pressure is still on the inner case and seals though so it's negative yeh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Positive Pressure / Negative Pressure Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a...
Replies
Views
T
Hansgrohe Raindance Select E Shower System 120 with Showertablet Select Thermostatic Mixer and Shower Rail 90cm - 27027400 This shower states can...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable After i re-pressurize to 1.5 bar, using tap is ok without problem. but when turn on the central heating...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock