Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Popped new expansion vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went to a job yesterday on a Biasi with a leak which turned out to be the expansion vessel. Ordered a new one, fitted it and started to fill and the new one popped too which freaked me out. Prv appears to be lifting which was my first thought but just wondering if anyone has had this before and if so, what was the reason.

Sorry, posted in the wrong section if one of the mods can move it.

Confession, of no but would of thought that the prv would of lifted first anyway ?

Well went back today with a replacement vessel. Like a shi@@ing dog opening the filling loop but filled up ok, and all working . Hopefully, must of just been a faulty vessel.

Well went back today with a replacement vessel. Like a shi@@ing dog opening the filling loop but filled up ok, and all working . Hopefully, must of just been a faulty vessel.

Bet you tested the vessel pressure just in case this time ;p

I know this is slightly off subject but yes, I had one burst open big time. As in burst the metal too. Did yours or was it the diaphragm/bag inside that you're talking about ? This one flooded a commercial laundry.

No the actual metal seam at the side of the schrader valve split .

Ah !
Got to be a manufacturing flaw don't you think.
I will find my pics of the exploding vessel later and start a new thread, see who's was most spectacular lol.
At first the manufacturers said it was installed wrong ( NOT BY ME I HASTEN TO ADD).
After a short debate they organised a new one via merchant and paid my invoice for
replacing it !

I had one pop this year when flushing a new system, I had boiler valves off and filling loop open. Water main was over 6bar and I must of over pressurised it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Popped new expansion vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Vaillant Ecotec Plus 832 boiler is 13 years old, 4 of which since we've been living there, started to play up in last couple of months. An...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an unvented water heater which for some reason every year causes me issues. At the end of 2023 I noticed that the pressure valve...
Replies
Views
Hey, I've got a Grant Vortex that's leaking water from the seal around the expansion vessel - it's the round type about 50cm wide. The system is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock