Search the forum,

Discuss Popped new expansion vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went to a job yesterday on a Biasi with a leak which turned out to be the expansion vessel. Ordered a new one, fitted it and started to fill and the new one popped too which freaked me out. Prv appears to be lifting which was my first thought but just wondering if anyone has had this before and if so, what was the reason.

Sorry, posted in the wrong section if one of the mods can move it.

Confession, of no but would of thought that the prv would of lifted first anyway ?

Well went back today with a replacement vessel. Like a shi@@ing dog opening the filling loop but filled up ok, and all working . Hopefully, must of just been a faulty vessel.

Well went back today with a replacement vessel. Like a shi@@ing dog opening the filling loop but filled up ok, and all working . Hopefully, must of just been a faulty vessel.

Bet you tested the vessel pressure just in case this time ;p

I know this is slightly off subject but yes, I had one burst open big time. As in burst the metal too. Did yours or was it the diaphragm/bag inside that you're talking about ? This one flooded a commercial laundry.

No the actual metal seam at the side of the schrader valve split .

Ah !
Got to be a manufacturing flaw don't you think.
I will find my pics of the exploding vessel later and start a new thread, see who's was most spectacular lol.
At first the manufacturers said it was installed wrong ( NOT BY ME I HASTEN TO ADD).
After a short debate they organised a new one via merchant and paid my invoice for
replacing it !

I had one pop this year when flushing a new system, I had boiler valves off and filling loop open. Water main was over 6bar and I must of over pressurised it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Popped new expansion vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock