Search the forum,

Discuss poor work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

went to look at a job today old lady said her new boiler was dripping water and this is what i was faced with.i know on terrace houses siting the flue can be a pain but there is no excuse for this.i hate fitting the flue in a position like this even if its over 300mm away incase the wind blows the plume into the window.

ant

Attachments

• poor work 3.jpg
    poor work 3.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 132
  • poor work 1.jpg
    poor work 1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 127
  • poor work 2.jpg
    poor work 2.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 141
  • poor work.jpg
    poor work.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 129
no way was that done by a gsr , check then benchmark cert. and put the pics in the hall of shame photo thread

apparently a young lad did it and said he was registered and gave the lady a gas safety cert corgi sheet and she thought that was the cert.bod what are your oppinions of flues on terrace houses like this i either fit plume even if its over 300mm to be safe rather than sorry . gas safe told me as long as its 300mm away its ok but to me its blowing infront of window.

ant

you should see the wiring the twin and earth cable was not long enough so it was fed into the front of the boiler case and the cover fitted .this should have been heat flex through the provided grommet . the photos of that did not turn out .

ant

Looking at that one fella I'd of fitted a plume kit if thats the only place the boiler could of gone

If it's blowing in through the window then you have PoC inside and the answer is simple.

with ref to what others think about the flue in a similar position i did not refere to this i ment i general i have fitted a few in kitchen and they come out on the wall 400mm from the living room window and gas safe said this is ok but i still fit plume kit .the example i use is if someone is in your back yard and smoking it can be smelt through a bedroom window and thats not fan assisted so fumes may enter .

ant

Is this not a job where gas safe should be informed??

phoned the company whos name was on the written cert and they are coming to sort the problems and charge the lad . apparently he did it on a sat and used his companys name and address to fill in the written gas safety form .they assured me he will be delt with . i gave the lady gas safes number and told her if shes not stisfied after they have been just call them and they will inspect the work .

That is shockingly bad, I would have checked with an analyser to see if you are getting POC in room, then ID it.

no way was that done by a gsr , check then benchmark cert. and put the pics in the hall of shame photo thread
of course it could have been done by somebody gas safe,understanding and installing central heating systems are not learnt doing a c s course,so if you have no background|(previously a ice cream man||)...simple when you no how

i get a feeling the unemployment figures will be going up by one

I'm clearly too cynical ... I imagined the company were just spinning a yarn to give themselves an opportunity to clean up :) But we can hope!

I'm clearly too cynical ... I imagined the company were just spinning a yarn to give themselves an opportunity to clean up :) But we can hope!
hadn't thought of that. entirely possible that company is covering it's own backside.

lady said the young lad was recommended by a family member and was gas safe registered with his company she like many others thought that was enough . i know when i worked at a certain firm the young lads were all doing sat htg jobs and most of them thought as long as they were registered with the company that covered them gas safe should make this very clear and idiot proof - some of the ones i had working with me passed and would ask how to do a drop test and the very basic of tests some didint know the dirrerence between burner and wking press how did they pass .

ant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to poor work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock