Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing/air mix in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chalmers7

Guys, need some advice

if I have s high pressure water system which runs at 20 bar which feeds a unit and a air line running at 6 bar also feeds a unit and for some reason a non return valve fails allowing the air water to mix in the water line, would this make the system still sit a 20 bar or would the properties of the two items make the pressure be 26 bar??

Thoughts??

Guys, need some advice

if I have s high pressure water system which runs at 20 bar which feeds a unit and a air line running at 6 bar also feeds a unit and for some reason a non return valve fails allowing the air water to mix in the water line, would this make the system still sit a 20 bar or would the properties of the two items make the pressure be 26 bar??

Thoughts??

Explain how you think 6 bar pressure is going to overcome 20 bar, regardless of the medium under pressure.

Air compresses water doesnt.
System would end up stabilised at 20 bar but full of water on the air side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing/air mix in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just some background on myself. I have 4 years experience as a plumber but haven't worked in the trade in 15 years. I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which...
Replies
Views
Hi I've got water hammer issues with my cold feed and some with the hot feed. When the cold sink tap, cold bath tap and thermostatic shower in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock