Discuss Plumber Charging For Estimate! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm going to charge customers for calling me soon if they keep taking up my time and anoying me to go out and quote a tap change...
thinking 0845 @£1 a minute

I lost a job last week because of that. Customer wanted me to meet her at rented property to look at leaking bath tap then provide a written quote. I suggested that as I carry the necessary, we could meet, agree a price and do the work there and then. She said my "terms and conditions" were too strict!! I mean seriously? A quote for a pair of tap washers?!

Last edited by a moderator:
PS - where DID that thread go? All seemed civilised and polite to me? Were there ructions later on in the thread? A pity, because I thought it was giving customers an insight into how much "free" quotes and estimates actually cost us...

PS - where DID that thread go? All seemed civilised and polite to me? Were there ructions later on in the thread? A pity, because I thought it was giving customers an insight into how much "free" quotes and estimates actually cost us...

I dont think custards are bothered how much it cost us to quote, been to quote loads of jobs then found out im quote number 5 or 6!!

I dont think custards are bothered how much it cost us to quote, been to quote loads of jobs then found out im quote number 5 or 6!!

I have heard of people getting as much as 13 estimates for a new heating system! Mental & they really haven't a clue what materials they are getting, or what the workmanship is going to be with each firm! Time wasters.
I had a phone call a while back on a Sunday from a lady asking for a new condensing oil bolier. She seemed to know too much about it & said she had got other quotes. I ignored her request as phoning me on a Sunday after getting other prices is already annoying me.

Last edited:

I would think croppies pressed the red button and closed it. He's on call so he's a bit volatile at the moment!

nothing to do with croppie i think, when threads or posts are deleted they are still there just hidden from view. this one has gone completely, only admin could do that

The guy was a complete moron, wouldn't listen to anything and would only listen to what he wanted to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumber Charging For Estimate! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock