Discuss Plumb Local - Franchise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you seen any of these vans in your area? i haven't. is the £30k just the start do you have to pay a % every year or do you have to pay it your self for advertising, van Maintenance, tools, stock, insurance both van and business, find out what there prices are like and what other plumbers charge in your area, do they guarantee you work or a wage for the first year?

There is a plumb local van in my area. As well as REACTFAST, FIRST ACTION and about half a dozen other franchises.

Better of setting up yourself without the franchise :)

Hi lads..

I've been looking at this business opportunity which is asking for a £30k investment but gets you full training, support van etc..

Can I have your honest thoughts.....

Would I be better doing the sparks course or neither?

PlumbLocal :: Plumbing Franchise & Plumber Training Courses

PLEASE, PLEASE. DO NOT go into the plumb local franchise as i had a mate that went with them and lost a small fortune. The van you pay for and on leaving them if possible get to carry on paying for, and they take a large proffit from jobs that YOU find.
TRUST ME mate DONT.

PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT join plumb local franchise, i am a self empoyed heating engineer that gas trains, and have been for over 30 years. I have trained and befriended a ex plumb local employee and to be fair he lost a small fortune. DONT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I'm new to the forum, just left Plumblocal, been there 4 years, and noticed this thread.

I reckon I'm qualified to comment on the pro's and con's of buying a Plumblocal franchise, and they exist, there are arguments for and arguments against.

I would say the ultimate success of doing so depends on the individual and other variables. For some it might be a shrewd move, for others a disaster (as kes36 points out). I wonder if any other "exiles" from Plumblocal use this forum, if so, it would be nice to chat. I've been "ex-communicated" from the Plumblocal forum so any PL guys still in or any who have left and wish to chat, it would be good to hear from you.

TTFN

HTB

I know this is an old thread, but would be interested in speaking to anyone who has any experience with any of these plumbing franchises, especially HTB if you're still about (I'm in Cardiff and would happily buy a few rounds)

Hi Sag, I haven't been on this forum for about 3 years, got bored with the same old, same old. I'm in Bridgend still, and still Plumbing, I would be glad to chew the fat with you about franchising, just pm me and we can sort something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumb Local - Franchise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock