Discuss Please help! Low water pressure? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jey

Hi, I have a Gloworm 24c boiler, and since yesterday has not been working. We have no heating or hot water, but the gas is working, for example the cooker hobs are working fine. Its just our water.

One of the red lights are flashing, the one with '60' above it, and 'bar' written below it with the symbol of an upside down triangle. The pressure meter is also on 0 and in the red.

Can anyone help and advise me on how to sort this? My maintenance team who I contact for these things are useless!!

Thankyou

if your paying money for a maintanance company then end it if there not helping you.
For a start your combi needs to be at 1bar pressure, there will be some sort of filling loop to do this. Open both and re pressurise the system

if your paying money for a maintanance company then end it if there not helping you.
For a start your combi needs to be at 1bar pressure, there will be some sort of filling loop to do this. Open both and re pressurise the system

Thankyou for your reply..

Is this the flexi pipe you're talking about?

The maintenance team are from my letting agents as I rent rent privately. They need permission from my landlord before they can do anything, but he is currently unavailable and nobody is able to contact him. And despite being with british gas, my landlord doesn't have home care cover so they're unable to send someone out to me. Its ridiculous! I have three small children, and as you can probably imagine, it is freezing!

Yeh it will be the chrome braided flexi pipe

1. Firstly you need to locate the filling hose and see if it is attached to both ends of the pipe (mains cold water to boiler pipe). Make sure both ends of the hose are attached to the valves properly.
2. Next we need to open the valve to allow water to fill from our mains cold water to our heating system. You will be able to hear the water filling into the boiler. This tells us that the system if filling up.
3. Continue to fill your system until the gauge on the front of the boiler in at the required 1.0.
4. What you then need to do is isolate the valve. This ensures there is no more water entering the central heating system. What you don’t want to happen is for the needle to keep going up.5
5. You then need to release the filling loop from the pipe. Expect a bit of water to come out of the loop.

1. Firstly you need to locate the filling hose and see if it is attached to both ends of the pipe (mains cold water to boiler pipe). Make sure both ends of the hose are attached to the valves properly.
2. Next we need to open the valve to allow water to fill from our mains cold water to our heating system. You will be able to hear the water filling into the boiler. This tells us that the system if filling up.
3. Continue to fill your system until the gauge on the front of the boiler in at the required 1.0.
4. What you then need to do is isolate the valve. This ensures there is no more water entering the central heating system. What you don’t want to happen is for the needle to keep going up.5
5. You then need to release the filling loop from the pipe. Expect a bit of water to come out of the loop.

Thankyou so much..

I have switched the boiler off completely. I will follow everything you have said. There are four taps, the first one being red, second yellow and the third and fourth are both blue. The first red one has a small amount of water on it which must've leaked from the boiler, it is literally just a few drops. Is this the valve I need to open? Or would it be one of the others?

Thankyou

can you upload a picture ? what make is you boiler ? and have you found the flexi pipe ? the silver braided one ? this is the one you will need to open

can you upload a picture ? what make is you boiler ? and have you found the flexi pipe ? the silver braided one ? this is the one you will need to open

I know the pipe you're talking about.. Its the grey bendy pipe. I just don't want to open any wrong valves, which is why I need a detailed description of what I need to do. I have taken two photos, one of underneath the boiler and one of the front of the boiler.. Oh and its a Gloworm 24c.
Merton-20130328-00658.jpgMerton-20130328-00657.jpg

well it is not there. you will have to follow the pipes down and see where the filling loop is. on31ll gave you a thorough description of what you need to do. And when you see the valves you and flexi it will make sense. It is silver by the way. Not grey. That is the condense pipe in picture 2

well it is not there. you will have to follow the pipes down and see where the filling loop is. on31ll gave you a thorough description of what you need to do. And when you see the valves you and flexi it will make sense. It is silver by the way. Not grey. That is the condense pipe in picture 2

Yes Thankyou, I will follow every direction he has given me. I just want to makesure I open the correct valves and pipes etc. As Ive just been told the grey pipe isnt the one I thought it was, and I don't know which one it is?

it will be on the 2 pipes on the right hand side of the boiler. With the blue service valves on. It will be a silver metal braided flexi pipe. Just follow the pipes down into the cupboard or what ever is below the boiler

Follow the pipe with the blue trap down until you come across a silver flexible hose. It has a write mesh sleeve covering it. That's the filing loop. Then follow the detailed instructions already given...

it will be on the 2 pipes on the right hand side of the boiler. With the blue service valves on. It will be a silver metal braided flexi pipe. Just follow the pipes down into the cupboard or what ever is below the boiler

Thankyou, there is a cupboard below the worktop where this pipe must be.

Thank you all so much for all of your replies, I am very grateful for your help!

its a simple valve you turn it on and it will start to pressurise so you will have to watch the pressure gague ! turn the valve off and it will stop !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Please help! Low water pressure? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
Hi All, I have replaced my existing Shaw and Mason chrome set with the Shaw and Mason forward bowl spindles/ Handles. I have kept the same tap or...
Replies
Views
PRJSyd
P
Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals...
Replies
Views
Hi, I will try to explain best I can, please bare in mind I am currently in a learning stage so just trying to understand the process behind...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, New here & my first post! I have a Worcester greenstar 24i, it is a conventional boiler, it has a water tank upstairs. For the...
Replies
Views
Hiya - we noticed our boiler was on 0 bar so the gentleman who came to fit a smart meter said to repressurise it and not to leave it. I googled...
Replies
Views
Back