Discuss plastic pipe inserts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simoneve

Hi all
Can anyone tell me if it's ok to use floplast 15mm pipe inserts with speedfit pipe.
THANKS IN ADVANCE

i wouldn't. it's best to stick to the same make otherwise if a failure occurs the manufacturers have a very large get out clause.

If there is a problem with it mr guest won't be backing you up. On the plus side inserts are no more than 20p (is it worth the risk)?
My advice is to do it properly in copper and end feed!

Ita hard to say if it would have an effect, our merchants supplies the stainless steel polypipe sleeves and the black plastic ones so if one manufacturer supplies two types of sleeves i cant see there being a huge amount of difference, having said that i wouldnt chance having your reputation tarnished by a "oh i,ll chance it" moment.

shoot!!!

but i have not been called back to any over the last couple of years??

on another thought, 4'' of pipe sticking through wall, how do you know what to put in eh?, best answers only please.

Last edited by a moderator:
shoot!!!

on another thought, 4'' of pipe sticking through wall, how do you know what to put in eh?, best answers only please.

Easy,, the correct one.

shoot!!!

Pull more of the pipe through the wall until you can see a makers mark. :ciappa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plastic pipe inserts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I removed the old vanity unit in my bathroom, intending to do a makeover. Finished the shower cubicle, and starting on the vanity. I bought a 2nd...
Replies
Views
Yes, it me again. I have a leaking compression joint that is connected to plastic pipe. I have now read elsewhere that it is not a good idea to...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm planning on replacing a couple of rads soon as they are far too small for the size of the room causing the room to take an age to heat...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
I have Honeywell Valencia TRVs 10mm pipe size, I’m making mods to accommodate larger rads and it looks like the 10mm compression insert is special...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock