Search the forum,

Discuss Pilot light wont come on, boiler just wont kick in in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

boggysmoggy

Hi,

Had our new worcester 30si boiler installed about 3 months ago (havent moved in yet due to renovations, the boiler was tested and was working fine with the old radiators) Since then we have put in new radiators and went to start up the system. The pilot light failed to come on and the boiler just wouldnt kick in. The next day we decided to try again and this time the boiler did start and we got 15mins of heat before the system cut out. We have no idea why this cut out. Now we are back to square one with the pilot light not coming on. Have checked for frozen condensate pipe problems however all is fine. What we have noticed however is the syphon is full of water. Should this happen? Does anything have any other thoughts?

Thanks

yes the timer is set on continous like the manual says and the heat is on number 6 which is maximum. I will have to get the guy called out i was just wondering if it was something simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pilot light wont come on, boiler just wont kick in in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

F
Hi, My 2014 Crown Boiler has a spark ignition system that is malfunctioning. When I turn the boiler power switch off and back on, the pilot light comes on, the boiler fires up and the radiators heat the house properly. But after the boiler turns off upon reaching the set temperature and when thr...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank upstairs in the house. We have an issue where if the boiler isn’t set to 80c then the boiler will short cycle, the hot water tank thermostat is set at...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original heating installed when the house was built, and this revision was largely to replace a life-expired boiler: non-condensing fan flue boiler open...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock