Discuss Pilot light going out? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do u think diamond

Visual first on the pilot will tell you a lot. Also visual on lighting up and running. watch see what is happening to the pilot flame! A soft pilot flame can be pulled off the t/c by the burner once alight! ... Nice blue flame enveloping the t/cupl! If you're taking the burner out might as well replace the t/c and clean the pilot injector TBH! Can't be much mcnvens.? Stick to the simple stuff first, watch to see what's going on then decide next course of action! imho

When flame goes out (extinguishing pilot as well) can you hear thermocouple magnet release afterwards?

If you can't hear it then it may be that thermocouple is shutting down during the five minutes of burn, then closing gas valve to main burner.

that points at the pump. Which...... Could be anywhere!! :D

Top tip, if you look for a pair of pump valves then the pump is usually between them. Hope this helps.

Haha jap

Ok well batter on and see how it goes, always feels like diving into something new when you come across a boiler never worked on, takes you out of your comfort zone when it's not a shiny beautiful combi inside lol...

As I said aswell , I explained the ideal rep about should the pump be faulty wouldnt this cause the burner and pilot to go out due to overheat he said no, this would only cause burner to go out keeping pilot on because it doesn't contain that other stat we mentioned

He said the gas is being cut off somewhere, and on this boiler the only place is the gas valve or tc

Haha jap

Ok well batter on and see how it goes, always feels like diving into something new when you come across a boiler never worked on, takes you out of your comfort zone when it's not a shiny beautiful combi inside lol...

As I said aswell , I explained the ideal rep about should the pump be faulty wouldnt this cause the burner and pilot to go out due to overheat he said no, this would only cause burner to go out keeping pilot on because it doesn't contain that other stat we mentioned

He said the gas is being cut off somewhere, and on this boiler the only place is the gas valve or tc

Just always keep 3 thermocouples on the van and change um every time you have any doubt, there dead cheap and it rules it out on the 1st visit, then if you get a call back you can be pretty sure its the gv

Haha jap

The best advice I got when I was younger because I couldnt fault find on combi's are

When you come accross a new boiler take the case off and have a look around before you start and make a mental note of what parts you see all boilers work the same just the parts look different and some have extra parts. And the only difference between a combi and heat only is that your pump, 3 port, HW stat is in the airing cupboard not the boiler.

Job done

Removed burner and cleaned renewed thermocouple old one looked a little battered

Kicked boiler on 20 mins later still burning away. Only logical answer I have is that when burner came on it may just of slightly pulled the flame off tc just slightly enough to cut her off after a couple mins.

Thank you team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pilot light going out? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old Glowworm Hideaway 100. I have lived in this house for 8 years and it has been faultless, until recently. The pilot light...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a BIASI gas boiler as in the pictures. Its worked fine for 12 months. But now, for the last few days, when its first running the bath...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Over the years I had to replace the entire burner assembly on my gas water heater. The common issue was the pilot light would keep going...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock