Search the forum,

Discuss Absolutely no pilot light on Gas heater, Help! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
Over the years I had to replace the entire burner assembly on my gas water heater. The common issue was the pilot light would keep going out, so I would replace the entire burner unit. (all wires & the burner)
All was good over the past 4 years until today. My pilot light is no where to be found.

I found & cleaned out the pan which had A LOT of rust & dirt. I took the entire burner assembly apart and cleaned the pilot tube and made sure it was clean & clear of debris.
When I pushed the pilot button, I still didn't see any flame at all. Oddly, I didn't hear any gas when I pushed the button (should I hear anything anyway?)

I also had an old assembly that still works, but the heater would shut off after a few days. I tried to install the old assembly ( just to see if I see a flame.)
But no luck on BOTH assemblies.

I want to order the part I need but have no clue what is causing the problem.
Can anyone recommend a way to troubleshoot & pin point the issue?
It appears that the only other part left is the Thermostat control unit, but how would anyone know for sure which one?

Thanks so much,
Lou

Last edited:

Reply to Absolutely no pilot light on Gas heater, Help! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock