Discuss Pilot light going out? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcniven

Alright team

Went to a floor standing old boiler today and what's happening is the pilot light is going out after about 5 minutes of the boiler being u
And running, not just the burner going out but the full pilot.

Does this still point towards thermocouple even although it stays lit for the first 5 minutes?

Thanks man!!

Only me, but would renew thermocouple and see what happens.

Is there an FSD (tube type) fitted, they can put the pilot out though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not opened her up yet just relit pilot got a call as I was driving home :(

Check pilot is touching tc, if not check pilot injector, check when main burner lit if it's being pulled away from tc, if ok check tc then tc interuptor if fitted, gas valve. Has it go o/heat stat ? Is pump running ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pilot light going out? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old Glowworm Hideaway 100. I have lived in this house for 8 years and it has been faultless, until recently. The pilot light...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a BIASI gas boiler as in the pictures. Its worked fine for 12 months. But now, for the last few days, when its first running the bath...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Over the years I had to replace the entire burner assembly on my gas water heater. The common issue was the pilot light would keep going...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock