Discuss Pilot light going out? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcniven

Alright team

Went to a floor standing old boiler today and what's happening is the pilot light is going out after about 5 minutes of the boiler being u
And running, not just the burner going out but the full pilot.

Does this still point towards thermocouple even although it stays lit for the first 5 minutes?

Thanks man!!

Only me, but would renew thermocouple and see what happens.

Is there an FSD (tube type) fitted, they can put the pilot out though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check pilot is touching tc, if not check pilot injector, check when main burner lit if it's being pulled away from tc, if ok check tc then tc interuptor if fitted, gas valve. Has it go o/heat stat ? Is pump running ?

An interruptor is an overheat 'stat that acts on the thermocouple, so if the sensor operates due to the appliance overheating or sometimes spillage of POC then the thermo-electric valve drops out shutting off the gas to the main burner and pilot.

Mountain man how does it detect POC?

So most likely because the burner is staying a light for 5 minutes really tells me that the thermocouple is working and that most likely it's an overheat issue and on this type of system that points at the pump. Which...... Could be anywhere!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pilot light going out? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock