Discuss Pilot light going out? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
An interruptor is an overheat 'stat that acts on the thermocouple, so if the sensor operates due to the appliance overheating or sometimes spillage of POC then the thermo-electric valve drops out shutting off the gas to the main burner and pilot.

its a bi-metalic strip on thermocouple lead, when overheated it will interrupt the circuit and TEV will shut

Mountain man how does it detect POC?

So most likely because the burner is staying a light for 5 minutes really tells me that the thermocouple is working and that most likely it's an overheat issue and on this type of system that points at the pump. Which...... Could be anywhere!! :D

Is it open flued or ballance flue mcvens? A good t/c should hold for about 20-30 seconds. if it's clicking off pretty fast that'll be a poor flame, t/cupl or gas valve in that order .... May also be visceation due to blockage in flue or heatex/flue rotten .... there's a few things to try out :)

Mountain man how does it detect POC?
:D

You'd most likely to find this on an Open flued appliance but If the sensor is positioned at the vent of the down draught diverter then the heat from the POC's would cause the sensor to reach a sufficiently high temperature to trip.

I'm just off the phone to ideal and he said the Mexico doesn't really have that much too it...

And he's told me that if not the thermocouple it's going to be the gas valve. He said that stat we spoke about is only in the sealed systems.

He told me there's not much to a ideal Mexico parts wise that's where his answer is from.

He's right, there's not much to a Mexico.
Is the flue and air intake clear, is the pilot stable whe the burner is alight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pilot light going out? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back