Discuss patch the pipe, is this acceptable? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vicky_qj

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. Recently, we hired a plumber to fix our broken pipe. What happen was there was a crack (about 8 cm) in the trap, which is under our shower area. We have concrete foundation, so I prefer not to dig out. I expected the plumber to reline the pipe, but he claimed it's very difficult to do it due to the crack's position.
So he used something like base hardener (he said it's the same as relining materials) to coat the crack area, I feel a little bit worry about this repairing method.
Can anyone advise me whether it's acceptable? Many thanks!!

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. Recently, we hired a plumber to fix our broken pipe. What happen was there was a crack (about 8 cm) in the trap, which is under our shower area. We have concrete foundation, so I prefer not to dig out. I expected the plumber to reline the pipe, but he claimed it's very difficult to do it due to the crack's position.
So he used something like base hardener (he said it's the same as relining materials) to coat the crack area, I feel a little bit worry about this repairing method.
Can anyone advise me whether it's acceptable? Many thanks!!

depends on whats acceptable to you you dont want to take out the shower and he has done what he can in the circumstances i assume he has used a resin type glue/filler
some drainage fittings are actually made with resin joints
was this work was carried out by someone your insurers provided?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to patch the pipe, is this acceptable? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock