Search the forum,

Discuss OVERHEAT BUTTON- GLOW WORM ULTIMATE FF BOILER in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

This is a long shot-( this post was originally sent to StevethePlumber but I havent heard back from him as yet)

I have a glow worm ultimate ff boiler. Pilot light not lighting. There is power in the unit as it is glowing orange inside the box with the control knob.

Anyway, on the self help front- it always suggests resetting the OVERHEAT button. So, I googled OVERHEAT BUTTON and I found the post by NEILWILEMAN. overheat button - https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/overheat-button.21850/
You (StevethePlumber) kindly tried to help him ( in 2011) Ive tried to find Neil to ask him about the button but it doesnt look like he is on this site any longer.

What I wanted to know- if you can help at all please- the OVERHEAT button- I dont know if it is sticking out/tripped or if that is the way it is meant to be normally- it's not a button as such- it's like a red screw- and there is no movement when i tried to press it-but maybe my fingers arent strong enough, i may have to push harder. If it is sticking out more than it should, that means it has tripped? and the boiler wouldnt work as such until I pressed it back in? So I need to try and press it back in -but it's not moving to be flush with the nut. Any help at all I would be more than grateful. I have phoned various heating engineers- so far everyone is fully booked til the end of the year and not taking on new customers. Meanwhile Ive no heating and Im truly demented now. I need to try and work out if it has tripped as that might be the answer to my problem- if you know what Im wittering on about I would be so happy if you could put me out my misery. Thanking you all so much.

Attachments

• 20201029_130037.png
    20201029_130037.png
    283.6 KB · Views: 7
You're going to have to try harder to get a gas safe engineer. If it's not tripped and wont work it needs a gas safe engineer. If its tripped and wont reset you need a gas safe engineer.

If the overheat thermostat has tripped, it only needs very gentle pressure on the red button to reset it. If you cannot easily move it, the boiler has not tripped.

Simon G’s advice above is the only way forward.

Probably best calling the engineer who last serviced the boiler first .

Reply to OVERHEAT BUTTON- GLOW WORM ULTIMATE FF BOILER in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock