Search the forum,

Discuss Overdue invoice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Ch4 plumbing

Do some contracting work for a firm and the contract states 60 days from invoice, I'm waiting at around 73 days now!
Is their much I can do or is it just suck it and see?

Last week they said "we propose to pay the 3 invoices on Wednesday", nothing in the account and I've just emailed again..

Not really much you can do other than keep on their back and annoy them into paying you unfortunately.

I so hate these kinda contractors who hold back and starve the wee firm/sole trader btw good luck in getting yer dough..brum

You may find that it's 60 days from the end of the month it was invoiced!!
Which can be 90 days from when the job was done, if it was early in the month.

My dad was telling me that company to company payments should be made within 30 days any later then you can start charging interest. If you have another agreement with them then that won't count. Not sure the ins and outs of it though.

I would get a letter sent out requesting payment in full within so many days send it recorded delivery.

Yes fairly large firm, no it's 60 days from invoice being uploaded onto the system which they do every Friday.

Ive been putting money aside so I'm certainly not eating bread and beans for dinner, but it just makes me angry.

Last edited by a moderator:
The govt do state that businesses to business is 30 days,

You can charge interest but you won't get it just firing a shot over their bow that's all that does

Not really much you can do other than keep on their back and annoy them into paying you unfortunately.

The worst part of being self employed in my opinion is chasing money I would only ever do 14 days max have not got cash flow to tide me over but I have been there years ago stick with the domestic work who give you a carrier bag full of ÂŁ20 notes on completion..brum

The govt do state that businesses to business is 30 days,

You can charge interest but you won't get it just firing a shot over their bow that's all that does

Really?

they have said it's going to be moving to the 90 day mark so I'm wondering if they are seeing who kicks up, the money is good but I won't be doing work for them any more, the organisation is terrible on all fronts and this is a worry.

The worst part of being self employed in my opinion is chasing money I would only ever do 14 days max have not got cash flow to tide me over but I have been there years ago stick with the domestic work who give you a carrier bag full of ÂŁ20 notes on completion..brum

Very true stick to domestics small jobs always pay easy cash

Commercial or contract is just hassle

Really?

they have said it's going to be moving to the 90 day mark so I'm wondering if they are seeing who kicks up, the money is good but I won't be doing work for them any more, the organisation is terrible on all fronts and this is a worry.[/QUOTE

Yes mate

Ray Stafford pointed me to a .gov website which states all legal payment terms and what you can do to chase payments

Have you got payment terms written on your invoice?

ring three times a day, pester them to death.

Yes fairly large firm, no it's 60 days from invoice being uploaded onto the system which they do every Friday.

Ive been putting money aside so I'm certainly not eating bread and beans for dinner, but it just makes me angry.

Beans on toast is the dinner of kings. I'll often have it when I've got far superior stuff available because it takes 2 seconds and is bloody brillint. Matter of fact I think I'll have some now.

Have you got payment terms written on your invoice?

ring three times a day, pester them to death.

Yes 60 days, what annoys me most is if they were honest I wouldn't mind so much, it's all the carp of telling me days and failing to pay!
dont expect it from a large firm but how Naive I am.

walk into the office, sit on the desk of the person who deals with account payments and do not move until its paid. Take some car clamps with you so you can clamp the directors cars if they dont play ball. If all else fails, smoke bomb into offices setting off sprinklers and cost them money.

Really?

they have said it's going to be moving to the 90 day mark so I'm wondering if they are seeing who kicks up, the money is good but I won't be doing work for them any more, the organisation is terrible on all fronts and this is a worry.

The money is good?? its only good when its in your bank not theirs..brum

You know it! And only good if I don't have to use credit till it comes (which luckily I don't)

I have been through all this payments terms for years. 30/45/60 & 90 days.

I got so fed up having so much dough outstanding and so many 'promises of payments' that I actually now get them to detail their payments terms prior to starting work and even prior quoting for some of the larger jobs.

I 'upset' lots of company's and builders over the last 12 months.
Some have come to the party and others have gone elsewhere.
As far as i am concerned, things have been less stressful and as soon as the money is due, I get on the phone and hound people for money.

If money is not paid by the due date and we are on a job - I just pull up stumps, and take everything we can off site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Overdue invoice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had a call to a 82 Old man, he paid these ÂŁ300 up front for a years cover, and I find out on arrival he's been waiting for 3 weeks, no heating or HW.. ( I had to dig backwards from the customers phone number he had) . Turns out the email for invoice i asked for is fake, dont reply to my text...
Replies
Views
We have a 1980's toilet and it normaly works by: 1.When flushed the deposit in the bowl is sucked out 2. the bowl fills up again with clean water. This is not happening now, when flushed the water fills the toilet bowl then emptys and refils. What can I do? Is it a profesional plumber callout?
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
J
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock