Discuss One pipe system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dannyparty92

I know this may seem a little cheeky to ask but would someone please explaine to me how it is possible to be able to combine a one pipe system with a two pipe system? I'm assuming fitting a new pipe and just teeing in before the connection to the boiler?

Easier to rip it all out and full install ! But think about it ! Run another pipe alongside the pipe their already then tea off and go into one side of all the radiators in a circuit ! But like i said easier to rip it all out ! I wouldnt want to be cutting back old piepwork then soldering stop ends on all the excess branchs if that makes sense !

Easier to rip it all out and full install ! But think about it ! Run another pipe alongside the pipe their already then tea off and go into one side of all the radiators in a circuit ! But like i said easier to rip it all out ! I wouldnt want to be cutting back old piepwork then soldering stop ends on all the excess branchs if that makes sense !

Been there and done that. Converted a 1 piper into two. Used the existing pipework as the flow and installed new return. Ground floor was nice and easy as there was a two foot void and the house had been built on a raft.

Then just use the additional tapping in the boiler to connect the return into?

Ok so one pipe come out of the boiler then that pipe loops around the rads then tee off when it exits the boiler for the return loop so you have a two pipe system with just one pipe going into the boiler?

It starts as a flow from the boiler runs through the rad flow out the ret on to the next rad and continues back to the boiler as a return.
draw it out, you are over thinking it.

For some reason I though one pipe systems only had one tapping in the boiler. Silly me hey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to One pipe system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone. New to the forum and looking for assistance / advice. I live in a rented house with a not very co-operative landlord. I have just...
Replies
Views
Hi , i'm new to this forum & would like some advice , i have an upstairs bathroom & was wondering if i could put a cloackroom loo downstairs , my...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, How do you know if there is a cross over with the pluming system in flat? All pipe work under sink, bathroom etc in the flat itself...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back