Discuss Olives in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjt

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Brass or copper which is best or which do you prefer!!!!

your opinions would be appreciated.

Brass or copper which is best or which do you prefer!!!!

your opinions would be appreciated.
copper everytime but we dont always have anychoice as mosy fittings come with brass now i keep a bag of copper ones for those difficult to reach times

Personal preference really. I always say the Kuterlite compression fittings are the best by a mile and they come with brass olives and I have never had one weep.

i always throw away the brass olives, and use copper olives from van stock. LPG requires them i believe.

I replace the brass ones with copper ones

I think the copper ones are more prone to overtightning and moving out of shape. The brass flowflex olives on Screwfix are great reasonably priced and you don't need to be King Kong to nip them up. I do agree that some of the brass olives are carp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Olives in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock