Discuss Oh no ravenheat csi 85 AAA combi commissioning problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you follow the MFIs to the T, sounds like restriction on water flow, be it an airlock, pump not working of flow or return closed, all rads opened? blockage somewhere? get back to basics having ensured you have followed the manual to the full, or reversed connection on flow/return or even a jammed pump -is it turning, thats very common
Yeah followed them, and pump felt like it was running.

did you stick a screwdriver into the pump if u can to check or if not on the pump to have a listen to it (like a stethoscope)

did you stick a screwdriver into the pump if u can to check or if not on the pump to have a listen to it (like a stethoscope)

No i didnt mate, it felt like it was vibrating as if running but ill stick a screwdriver in when i go back there and see what happens, is it common then?

Very common with new erp pumps! They don't seem to have the strength on start up as the old ones.

Yep sounds like air to me , if you struggle and need to ring Ravenheat , ask for John Wilson hes a pal of mine and no manufacturer will give you tec info and help like him .

Hey, spoke to john wilson (he answered phone by chance)! He was a top bloke, really helpfull, cracked a few jokes and talked me through everything step by step. Top man, can't fault him or ravenheats customer service!

the pump wasn't working properly so he suspects the pcb, sending someone out tomorrow morning, hows that for service?

Thanks all for your help and advice

Hey, spoke to john wilson (he answered phone by chance)! He was a top bloke, really helpfull, cracked a few jokes and talked me through everything step by step. Top man, can't fault him or ravenheats customer service!

the pump wasn't working properly so he suspects the pcb, sending someone out tomorrow morning, hows that for service?

Thanks all for your help and advice

Just what I said , lol . John is 'ravenheat '

Agree about John Wilson,but why do so many Ravenheats come out the box faulty,or fail within a week or so.The new ones look well made,but still the same problems.?

Its the first one ive ever seen and fitted, not a confidence builder in the product.
John was ace, the man came out to fix the next day he wasnt as friendly as john but he was ok... Put a new board in-still didn't work.

Wiring loom was next thing on his list but i had to goto another job so don't actually know what was wrong. The tenant text to say its all working so they are happy.

Cant moan about the service received by ravenheat they fixed it pretty quick!

For the money , pound for pound they are great little boilers , but yes they do seem to have problems, as said they realy help if there are any problems. I dont ring many manufacturers but ring ravenheat, straight through, a friendly voice at the other end expert help . A lot of the big boiler manufacturers could learn from them.
They have a new range out called 'white heat ' which as a budget boiler looks hard to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oh no ravenheat csi 85 AAA combi commissioning problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
S
I wonder if anyone has any thoughts? Combi Logic 30 Boiler - constant pressure loss - no obvious leaking. Few years ago we got an error code...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m having a problem with my Baxi combi boiler and wondering if anyone is able to help. In short, the water isn't heating. A few months...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've looked through old threads on similar questions, however i was hoping for advice regarding our house project. When i've read threads...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock