Search the forum,

Discuss Odd size tap cartridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to a call out today for a bath tap that was stiff and not opening, took it apart and it's just a normal looking valve. Got a new one to put in but was too slim so didnt screw into the threads. Put on the conversion piece, went to put it in again but this time it was too wide.

Anyone ever come across an odd sized tap reviver/gland like this? If so is there a kit out there to convert one? Or a size i need to be looking for?

When I was there last I swapped the pillar from one of the new revivers onto the old head so that it would screw back into the threads. It worked several times whilst I was there, then i got a text off the customer later on that night saying that it had stuck again. He also said another plumber had been out to it before when same thing happened around 6 months ago.

Aah so the tap no longer has it's original valve parts? I think I get you now.
If it's sticking closed it may be that the jumper is going too far down when it seals against the seat and is popping out of its hex 'shaft' (what would you call that part?) If that's the case and you can't get a replacement valve, there are little brass extenders that will allow the washer to be lower without the jumper going as far down.
Saying that though, might be worth convincing err I mean 'suggesting' that the they just get new taps, sounds like they've had issues with these for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Odd size tap cartridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic control. The hot was not getting hot enough recently so (under instructions from the manufacturer) I removed the allen key valves bottom left and right...
Replies
Views
S
The inside brass threads in my Moen rough in two handle Roman tub valve (Moen | Bathroom & Kitchen Faucets, Shower Heads, Accessories & More - https://www.moen.com/products/M-Pact/M-Pact-Two-Handle-Roman-Tub-Valve-10-Center-1-2-CC-Connection/4796) were cross threaded with the nylon cartridge...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced me to run some pipes outside the walls, so I put in stopcocks at the point where the new pipework joins the old Just In Case. I used copper pipe and...
Replies
Views
M
I have gone to replace the washer in the shower taps as the shower is dripping but the washer seems to be a non-standard size. The 12mm was too long and so I went and bought a plastic one I could cut the end off but it is also slightly too wide, the 10mm doesn't fit either. It is a really old...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock