Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Nvq level 3 to emigrate? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, they treat you as an apprentice and you have to be with a licensed plumber on their books for a couple of years. Australasia any way!
try the imigration dept of where you want to go and fill form in online it will tell you if you can get in with your papers.

Thanks I am sure I look at Australia and New Zealand and they both said you needed to be qualified to nvq level 3 to be considered.

yeh, as below and you need 5 years exp too. then 2 years with licensed plumber as trainee on low rates

try the n.z office online.

This goes back to ..... You arent a fully qualified plumber untill you have level 3 ( city & guilds say ) , where as the industry in general regards level 2 as qualifed

Thanks I havent got my NVQ level 3 stopped at level 2 have more than 5 years experience though. Guess I may have to go back to college.

Work were on about putting me through a gas course I will have to see if they will put me through my level 3 as get my gas with this. So would leave the door open to emigrating one day.

yeh, as below and you need 5 years exp too. then 2 years with licensed plumber as trainee on low rates

try the n.z office online.
I am not sure if it varies from state to state but I had the main guy in from Victoria (is that the one that covers Sidney?) & he was going through the process to get your licences, I seem to remember there were 5 & gas was a minor one, drainage was the biggy.

If you had your full guilds then it was a short conversion course for each followed by an interview I think, which he ran. There was nothing about working your way up as a trainee, I went on one of there college web sites & got a lot of info about there system.

One thing I can tell you is they still install fully ventilated drainage systems in the cites (which is where most of the work is) and if you think you will be able to get work as a plumber without your tickets think again by all accounts it is highly regulated and the plumbers police it as well,
as a result they are rewarded for the skills they possess sums of $60k were mentions and that was a couple of years back.

I am too old now but made me think, if I were a younger man with out a family.

I'm sure my college teacher who had previously worked in Australia said if you've got your full qualification you can get them converted over and then you need to do there safety course which is like are cscs card and then you can get a job as a plumber/gas fitter no extra training needed

Plumbing in Australia is a mare. First you need your quals and experience over here. Then you have to have your skills assessed ÂŁÂŁ. Then you have a practical assessment ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ. Then you move and are given a provisional plumbing license, which means if you can find a job, you have to be supervised. You then have to attend tafe, college ÂŁÂŁÂŁ, to gain your full license. If you want to go self employed then its back to tafe ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ, for a contractors license.

.....and dont forget your shovel. Plumbing = digging, lots of digging.

Thanks well it looks like I won't be going done the nvq level 3 route to get gas safe :(. They want me to do a gas course Were I go for a week every month for around six months.

With me no longer being on an apprentice wage (ÂŁ12 an hour). Can see it begin hard to get my level 3 with the required time off work. 1 day a week and then the block releases. Have been in the industry 8 years. But its looking like I need this qualification to potentially emigrate. Its New Zealand I fancy not Australia.

Just spoke to a nvq level 3 tutor an he said the course is ÂŁ1035 this includes your core gas including boilers and acs also unvented and your NVQ level 3. At some gas assessment centers its more than this just to take your acs exams. Is there a catch somewere. Works out much cheaper to do your gas through an NVQ level 3.

Would.you see doing the full nvq level 3 as a good way to get your.gas as opposed to a block realease course

Dont do gas, wet work and oil for me. Was thinking about it, but just dont have the time.

Thanks, the new build firm I work for are on about putting me through my gas. Bit apprehensive as don't have a great deal of gas knowledge at the moment. Am hoping they let me go through the NVQ level 3 route. However it's a 2 year course 1 day a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Nvq level 3 to emigrate? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock