Currently reading:
Not paid for a job

Discuss Not paid for a job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
sypathy with you on that one, did the householder pay the builder? u could always ask

yeah the householder did pay and i got on with him and he had sympathy for me but understandably wasn't gonna layout anymore money and the builder used the excuse of "well ive done a ton of extra's on the job which i aint been paid for and i was gonna pay you with that money!!" he only lives up the road from me too....soo angry!!:mad:

I had a bathroom job years back where the cust wouldn't pay. Kept saying this or that not right so not paying until fixed. After going back about twice before for nothing really. Next time she rang saying something not right with the shower i i said ok i'll come round.
Me and the apprentice went round, told her i had to turn the water off to fix things then removed the suite and put it in the back of the van.
When done went downstairs and told her that everything was sorted and that was us done. Had to dash because had to be at another job.
I never got 200yards from her house until she was on the phone screaming.
That night i had the police at the door, explained what happened and they said it was a civil matter and noting to do with them. Never heard any more about it.
Lost a few quid but it was worth it :D

happy days mate

in my veiw, the tradesman has been invited back to remedy the problem. it is the decission of this person of what method is used in rectifying the fault. if he decides that the floor is to come up, then so be it. what and how he handles the situation after doing so is up to him, it may be, i need x amount of cash for materials, or i need paying for the removal of the floor before i can put it back etc.
the ball will be now in his court.
the law will protect the custard from unauthorised removal or deconstruction of works without their consent only, not when invited back for rectifications. and theres nothing telling us how long we take to rectify is there?.

e.g. (1)
a builder builds a porch, customer wont pay up. builder returns next day knocks it down = £5,000 fine 2 years suspended for criminal dammage.

e.g. (2) he builds the porch, customer wont pay, claims later (some months) there is cracks in brick work. turn up on aggreed day tell them some bricks need removing, knock it down clear up and b*gger of.
law cant do nothing, reply from tradesman ' i had to make it safe, but dont worry i didnt charge them a penny'.

easy option for getting paid..... sell your debt and paper work to debt collection agency for approx £40. let them do it for you.

have your oppinion but keep it polite = constructive.

think i was reading the wrong page of replies, doh.

cheers,.

debt collector is a great idea, just threaten the cust with it, no doubt they would absolutely poo themselves about being blacklisted etc, bound to cough up without incident. Best idea I've heard yet, although intimidation also works, debt collection is the best way to stay on the right side of the law

Surely if you buy a bathroom suite and the customer doesn't pay you, then it is still your property until paid for in full?

Most people will pay when they discover a small claim is being made - they are frightened that they will get a bad credit rating. Those that don't probably don't have any money to pay you or have a bad credit rating already.

Did your invoice state your payment terms ? ie payment within 7 days
Have they said they are not going to pay you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Not paid for a job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock