Search the forum,

Discuss Noisy cast iron boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

camerart

Hi,

I have a Housewarmer economy 45 cast iron back boiler, which is banging and popping quite loudly. As it's working ok, I don't want to change it, but just clean it. The whole system has been cleaned out a couple of times and is reasonably clean also all the rads heat ok. My idea is to disconnect the heating pipes and pump acid round the boiler and hot water coil only from a plastic tank, and am thinking diluted hydrochloric acid. I have ask another forum, and they suggest Fernox chemicals, and I might just go with that. Are there any suggestions please?

Cheers, Camerart.

Other Fernox products clean deposits.
None will ever be as good as powerflushing though.

:)About a year ago, I checked out new boilers, for a replacement. I also thought the same thing:)

Cheers, Camerart.

I have a Housewarmer economy 45 cast iron back boiler

which has just flooded my house

to the op,you have a old boiler,do you think you may not cure your problem but wreck the boiler? i would strongly suggest you reconcider what your about to do

Blimey!!!

What caused yours to leak? Did you also clean it out?

If it's cast iron and very noisy, the op is just delaying the inevitable, and I talk from experience.

A new combi condensing boiler will change your life for the better.

Last year for this period to November I used 20Kwh/day.

With new combi boiler, so far using just 4.9Kwh/day, and have 2 months left to same billing period.

I don't think I will hit 20Kwh/day, from 4.9, in the next 2 months.

If it's cast iron and very noisy, the op is just delaying the inevitable, and I talk from experience.

With new combi boiler, so far using just 4.9Kwh/day, and have 2 months left to same billing period.

Brilliant tool search http://www.imeasure.org.uk/

Recommend it to customers so they can see what they are saving. Helps if they have old bills / meter readings .

If boilers noisy bet cylinders in tip top condition too.

I know it's inevitable, but I'm busy on other things this year, and have backup, gas fires and wood burner, so I might change it next year if it is still playing up, or before, if it floods my house out. I'm in a hard water area, and have also had advice not to change it, by experts, too.

It's a backboiler, and is difficult to re-site, which is another reason for me not rushing. Thanks.

Cheers, Camerart.

Brilliant tool search iMeasure - Home

Recommend it to customers so they can see what they are saving. Helps if they have old bills / meter readings .

If boilers noisy bet cylinders in tip top condition too.

I had the cylinder out in the garden to clean it.

Last edited by a moderator:
tc tc tc tc ...... i dont think you problem has anything to do with your boiler it self TBH ...

That's ok. I was on my very tall ladder getting ready to jump on you! lol

There are none taller than the Cropster on this forum.
Crawl crawl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noisy cast iron boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Dear colleagues , My name is Roohollah and an overseas Heating tech. I have recently collected some data on oldest cast iron boiler from UK which is called Robin hood boiler . Thus, I would like to request for any data or pics of those products if you ran into them before. Thanks a bunch for...
Replies
Views
Hi. We have a wolf oil central heating system, with a grundflos alpha 2 circulation pump. Sometimes it makes a tinkle noise ( like metal to metal) and sometimes not. With and without burner running. I removed pump and impeller is ok and clean. Bled system through. Nothing helps.
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
I have a very strange issue with my BAXI 105e DHW. if i turn on the hot tap the pump starts and demand for DHW is shown, after a some seconds it will show an error, 60 degree, pump or flow. Well switch the tap off wait maybe fifteen seconds turn tap on and low and behold hot water. If after a...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock