Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss No Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fatboy

Hi my hot water tank is not filling up with water. I have water to the pipe leading into the tank but nothing comes in. As a result I have no hot water anywhere in the house.

Hope somebody can advise a quick solution to this problem.

Thanks

Pete

do you mean water going to cold water storage tank , but is not filling it up with water and cold water storage tank in the loft is dry ?

and welcome to the forum Pete

Thanks for the welcome. It's and electric cold water storage tank that heats the water to give me hot water. I check the supply and I have water there but for some reason it is not getting in to the tank and it is now bone dry.

could you post some pictures pls ? does you cold water pipe enter the tank at low level or high level ?

Does it look something like [DLMURL="http://www.uttoxeterplumber.co.uk/img/ho****ercylinder.jpg"]this[/DLMURL] with a cold water storage tank above it in the loft?

Last edited by a moderator:
No nothing like that. I have no header. I live in a flat. IMG_0582[1].jpg

And for some reason this pic is on its side but the pipe at the top had water at that connector you can see but nothing filling up.

Appears to be a Fortic cylinder, try taking the lid off and lifting the ball valve up and down to see if water starts coming in again. If not the valve may need replacing.

Edit: Doesn't look like you have much room to play in there mate, how close is that to the ceiling?

Last edited:
Have managed to get the lid off and lifted the ball valve up and down and nothing. So it looks like a new valve. And yes not much room in there and my guess is that the tank may need to come out to enable a new valve to be fitted. Thanks anyway.

Have managed to get the lid off and lifted the ball valve up and down and nothing. So it looks like a new valve. And yes not much room in there and my guess is that the tank may need to come out to enable a new valve to be fitted. Thanks anyway.

Plumbing at it's best this, who in their right mind would fit it that close to the ceiling and please don't anyone say to get the extra head or I will go off my my head, complete idiots and don't blame the joiner he knows less than the plumber dare I say, now the guys go a real problem, why was that plastic socket fitted fatboy can you tell us perhaps there as been a problem before, I would take it out and fit a compression stop tap and take off the Yorkshire 63 and look inside the back of the ball tap it might be blocked???

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi Can somebody tell me if a standard heat source pump installation uses a pressurized hot water tank? Or will the pressure for the hot water be...
Replies
Views
Hi all - need to know which pipe is hot water out of my gravity fed hot water tank please - have horizontal two pipes out at the top and one...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I woke up this morning with cold water (mains) from downstairs tap but no hot water from downstairs tap, and no water at all from all the...
Replies
Views
Mike Young
M
Is it worth replacing a Potterton gold 9kw electric boiler with a hot water storage tank for a new Electric Combi Boiler ? Would there a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock