Discuss No hot water upstairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

loulouhart

my shower(2nd floor) only has hot water when on VERY low my bath(2nd floor) is also the same,the hot water tap in my bathroom is fine also in the kitchen.My boiler is a sauvier and is on the ground floor of my house.i have recently had my boiler fixed but the pressure keeps dropping,the problem with the water has been ongoing since before my recent problem.Should i get a new boiler or just try an electrical shower?Thank you :)

I would say get a second gas man if the pressure is still dropping its not fixed , don't go rushing into a new boiler

Thank you but in the past year I have had 3 different ones and its not been fixed for any more than a few months,its costing me a fortune lol,on a totally unrelated but how did you get a profile pic up? cheers

its in your setting page , 3 guys and its not fixed what boiler is it ?

I think it's probably a Saunier Duval. I'd be looking at fitting a replacement.

My boiler is a sauvier [/QUOTE said:
which proberbly is a saunier duval
parts for these normaly are expensive
i would get it looked at first,could be somthing simple, How long you had it?
if it is an expensive repair an new one might be a better choice

thank you I did just guess the name as I was at work.If I get a new boiler which one is a good one to have,please?

Would the boiler be the problem for the hot water as it is heating up kitchen and hot tap in bathroom fine??? Also I take it this must be combi boiler as everyone suggesting it must be boiler that is problem??
If so could someone please explain to me how the boiler would heat some taps fine and not others?? Sorry for questions just would like to gain a bit more knowledge for my self. And don't worry I don't intend to try touching any boilers as I am not gas safe.

loulouhart have you always had this problem? it could be you need a larger boiler to allow for better water delivery as may boiler is working to hard to meet demand especially if pipes arent insulated in cold areas or the heat exchanger is scaled up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No hot water upstairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back