Discuss No cold water in bathroom after changing toilet? Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok the stiff valve in the loft was the feed into the tank ? I know that's working because the tank is full and when the valve was turned I could clearly hear it filling v fast. So I it's not that right? I've just turned on the basin tap and is working v slowly drizzling in fact but constant that didn't happen earlier? The toilet is filling slow still what's the best thing to check first, tank because it was drained? Wet vac ? Stopcock ? And by the way secret squirrel I don't wish I got a plumber in otherwise I wouldn't of learned Anything would I?

No, you wouldn't have learnt anything but you would have your water service back wouldn't you!

And if you read my post there was a lot of useful information in there wasn't there?

If you read my post correctly about getting a plumber it refers to the post directly before referring to changing a valve and bunging the tank!

And if you've drained down the tank as everyone including myself has said its an airlock and if you read my post about how to clear the airlock they will work.

And if there is a small blockage thats in the pipe by back filling the system there is a change you'll dislodge the blockage and send it back into the tank.

So, if you do what everyone says on the posts and stop looking for an easier and easier way to solve the problem you'll suceed...... good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you closed any valves between the tank in attic and bathroom?

First off I admire those who are willing to give it a go with no real knowledge and experience in the subject. Honeslty, I do. But obviously you're not a plumber and so I would say this..

Try what's been said above by all means but sudden unstoppable gushing torrents are bad for houses.

Plumbers are relatively expensive, yes, but also, mostly, more contactable and reasonably priced on weekends than commonly believed. Valve or airlock - not a huge job. If you don't know of anyone or have any recommendations - look on checkatrade for local guys with lots of recent and relevant positive feedback and over the phone get a rough a idea of how much for someone to pop out on a sat pm and sort it. Don't presume it'll be hundreds - it really shouldn't be. I'm bored - I'd prob do it for £75 plus parts. But I've been drinking so can't.

Good luck!

Wow loving secret squirrel now that was straight talking stuff mate thanks:smiley2: Reallly wna solve this myself mate
Gnu give ita go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No cold water in bathroom after changing toilet? Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock