Discuss New main storage tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybob150811

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Eh when i were a lad i was called frank the tank on account of i was small and slim and got all the MST.s so when i did one yesterday i was disappointed that tank cons have so little sholder barely 3-4mm i cut the hole undersize and reamed it but plastic tanks go brittle over time and so the questions is has anyone on here used these plastic speedfit type tank con and what did they think or are there other tank cons available i,d like to be a bit better prepared next time

Used the poly pipe ones recently ended up with tiny weeps when i filled the tank up, had to drain down and put thread seal on. despit using washers supplied and the hole being exactly right. The reason i decided to use the was because brass ones don't come with washers anymore, so much for that. Problem with the plastic ones it you are frightened to overtighten as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New main storage tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if you could help me. The overflow pipe drips intermittently from the large cold water storage tank in the loft. Not the small F and...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back