Discuss New Central heating but problems, Please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chap I work with always increases mains to combis in 22mm all the way. He doesn't win jobs on price, but gets a lot from recommendations.
At home I only have 15mm but family have learned not to turn tap on when anyone the shower. Even thought of putting a solenoid valve on mains but managed so far. also we turn dishwasher and washing machine off. You learn to live with it. Worse at 7-8 in the morning when incoming pressure low. Might put in mains boost pump.

I am struggling to understand.
I have spent 5 grand on a new combi boiler to control heating and water from electric storage rads and electric thermostat controlling the water in a cylinder. The hot flow was as good as the cold.
I am prepared to spend more money to get the flow up but what is a guaranteed fix to improve flow on hot?

Upgrade pipe as stated before and as shauncorbs has said change ISO valves to full bore.

Are you wanting to run more than one outlet at the same time tho ?

I have just been up in loft and was under impression by my plumber that he changed to 22mm up in loft but it runs 15mm from mains in all the way to the boiler.

Yes I would like too run 2 outlets at the same time

I have just been up in loft and was under impression by my plumber that he changed to 22mm up in loft but it runs 15mm from mains in all the way to the boiler.

There's your problem you won't get 14+ lpm out of 15mm with elbows etc

Sorry to say you will struggle to have two outlets open at the same time With a combi

Best option would be heat only boiler and unvented cylinder if your flow and pressure are ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Central heating but problems, Please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock