Discuss New Central heating but problems, Please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this.

I have measured all taps and the all cold measured around 14-15 Lpm and all hot is around 9-10lpm. The mains in is on 15mm until it gets to the loft transferring to 22mm it then runs the length of the loft to other side to where the boiler is situated.
Should I be lose 4-5lpm on flow just going via the boiler?

Thanks for this.

I have measured all taps and the all cold measured around 14-15 Lpm and all hot is around 9-10lpm. The mains in is on 15mm until it gets to the loft transferring to 22mm it then runs the length of the loft to other side to where the boiler is situated.
Should I be lose 4-5lpm on flow just going via the boiler?
Check the instruction manual for the boiler. It will tell you roughly what flow rates to expect at what temps. But as stated above this is a rough guide only and may not be spot on.

Under sized pipes if it's run from the mains to the boiler in 15mm also all hot in 15mm

What will be most effective to Do?
My options are:
Change 15mm main in to 22mm
240litre Accumulator on hot
Pump on the hot line

change the 15mm to 22mm

accumulator wont work nor a pump

I am being advised by the guy who installed the system an accumulator will give me the max pressure the boiler can cope as effectively it's a storage of water so I can fill 2 baths at max flow.

I am being advised by the guy who installed the system an accumulator will give me the max pressure the boiler can cope as effectively it's a storage of water so I can fill 2 baths at max flow.

Combi boilers will never fill two baths they struggle with one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Central heating but problems, Please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock