Discuss New boiler - Ideal Vogue advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on guys this is turning into a slagging match we have all got our preferences when it comes to installs don't think this is helping the original poster , truth is choose a brand look at the warranty offered find a good reputable installer who will look after the boiler every year so that warranty is honoured.

I disagree completely. The OP has come to us looking for opinions. We are giving him our views based on real-life experience of manufacturers. How else is someone going to find out what kind of back-up or warranty support manufacturers really offer? Each brand will advertise that they are wonderful. Each glossy brochure will promise the earth. It's very easy to offer long warranties, but of manufacturers try and wriggle out of them, they are just empty words. It's not slagging off, it's telling out how it is in our experience.

Disagree all you like bud i still stand by what i said the poor guy wont have clue which way to go now , Get a worcester Greenstar 34cdi classic , a worcester filter , and a worcester wave that will give you a 7 years warranty and peace of mind should it fail it will be sorted end of . regards k

I disagree completely. The OP has come to us looking for opinions. We are giving him our views based on real-life experience of manufacturers. How else is someone going to find out what kind of back-up or warranty support manufacturers really offer? Each brand will advertise that they are wonderful. Each glossy brochure will promise the earth. It's very easy to offer long warranties, but of manufacturers try and wriggle out of them, they are just empty words. It's not slagging off, it's telling out how it is in our experience.

So true! How often you get warranty on sound systems, phones, boilers ... and later when you phone them up they are going to tell you it's not under warranty because of this and this and this ... they always find ways to tell you they don't cover things because of some reasons.

Disagree all you like bud i still stand by what i said the poor guy wont have clue which way to go now , Get a worcester Greenstar 34cdi classic , a worcester filter , and a worcester wave that will give you a 7 years warranty and peace of mind should it fail it will be sorted end of . regards k

But the OP shouldn't chose a boiler just because of the long warranty... if it's were me I'd chose a boiler with a good reputation which has high quality on products. But then again the life of a boiler depends not only on the manufacturer but on the customer too as you will need to look after it. Once a year servicing etc ... how many customer did you come across and they told you after asking when was the last service " I think it was 5-8 years ago "... I mean installing a boiler worth of £1200 but not looking after it, it's no point is it. And 10 years warranty won't help you much.

And I stand by what I said - if you buy an Ideal, beware that in a lot of installers' experience the warranty backup is less than ideal. You haven't actually helped the "poor guy" much either - all you've done is trumpet the virtues of Worcester, which is only your opinion. Just as valid as anyone else's, of course, but no grounds to silence everyone else's opinion.

At the end of the day with Worcester you are paying good £100 just for the badge. They advertise, they get in them Which surveys too..
Customer service aside I see Ideal as value for money, Worcester is just wool over your eyes, nice badge yes but inside nothing to justify the premium. In my opinion they are outdated, bread and butter install yes but servicing is a pain, repair is a pain, lack of even most basic controls and functions. Why is it the most expensive brand again?

At the end of the day with Worcester you are paying good £100 just for the badge. They advertise, they get in them Which surveys too..
Customer service aside I see Ideal as value for money, Worcester is just wool over your eyes, nice badge yes but inside nothing to justify the premium. In my opinion they are outdated, bread and butter install yes but servicing is a pain, repair is a pain, lack of even most basic controls and functions. Why is it the most expensive brand again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New boiler - Ideal Vogue advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey folks, I'm wondering if someone could possibly help, I'm looking for a possible part number b4 I call ideal in the morning, I fitted an...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
H
I need some help and advice with a boiler issue. We have F29 and then F29 appearing on our new boiler. This happened after few days where water...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m hoping for some perceptive / input as I’m a long-distance landlord trying to unpick the best thing to do. Gas safety certificate was...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages...
Replies
Views
Hello all Just gauging if there's any interest at all in this. I have an Ideal Vogue Gen2 S32 boiler. It's currently in use in my house since...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock