Search the forum,

Discuss New boiler - building control? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Evostance

If you have a boiler moved, or a new boiler fitted on a new location, do building control need to be notified?

If so, whose responsibility is it to notify the relevant parties? I read somewhere that of a Gas Safe registered engineer fits it, they can sign off their own work?

a new boiler can be registerd for a building compliance cert by your gas safe engineer for a small fee,

an exisitng boiler, doh worry about it, just ask your engineer for a gas cert and receipt.

a new boiler can be registerd for a building compliance cert by your gas safe engineer for a small fee,

an exisitng boiler, doh worry about it, just ask your engineer for a gas cert and receipt.
So if a new boiler in a new location is fitted by GS engineers , building control don't need to be notified or sign it off etc.

The Gas Safe registered engineer informs Gas Safe, who send you a Buildings Regulations Compliance Certificate. Gas Safe also inform your local authority Building Control that they have issued the Certificate.

So if a new boiler in a new location is fitted by GS engineers , building control don't need to be notified or sign it off etc.

most engineers will register with gas safe without being asked to do so, as doitmyself has said gas safe will inform building control and send you the paperwork.

just confirm this with your engineer that he/she is going to register it.

Great. Thanks all. We've had the certificate, so we're in the clear on that, however I'm not sure it's exactly compliant. The boiler was tipping forward and the flue was on an incline upwards.

We've had the flue sorted as best we can by a GS friend, and have made a bracket to hold the boiler back at the top, however I'm not happy. One of the pipes is leaking ever so slightly, probably site to the strain of it tipping forward.

Any ideas where to go? Don't want to have to get our friend involved in it all tbh, and do not want to see or hear from the plumbers that installed it ever again.
I'd rather not go down the legal route, but no idea what the process is here

Last edited by a moderator:
The flue should be angled back towards the boiler. If you've had somebody else altering the installers job then it's not really the installers problem. You'll need to get a GSR local engineer in to sort it for you.

The flue should be angled back towards the boiler. If you've had somebody else altering the installers job then it's not really the installers problem. You'll need to get a GSR local engineer in to sort it for you.
That's what I thought. Happy to have that done anyway, hence why getting our gsr friend to adjust it. Didn't want them anywhere near our house - I'm sure if you search on here, you will see the monumental cock up they did ranging from cutting through the hot, cold and gas pipes flooding our house, to plumbing in the boiler back to front, and then to balancing an expansion tank on top of the old header tank so it blows off into it.

It's more a question of, how do I stop them making a mess of other people's houses when they think it's safe. If I wasn't knowledge in building activities, I'd be none the wiser, and it's dangerous imo

Call gas safe and ask for an inspection, FOC.

They will take the fact the boiler is hanging off the wall very seriously given the fact a gas pipe is connected to it.

At least if nothing else, these installers will be on their radar for future issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New boiler - building control? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Outside of using a gas-safe LPG engineer, do I have to notify building control for the installation of pipework, hob and a 15kg propane bottle?
Replies
Views
Hi all,new to the forum and hoping to get some guidance through the boiler minefield . We moved into a 70s bungalow last Feb,its got a Greensted 241 junior mark 3. The expansion tank has failed, also it has a Boss therm sender unit wired to it but the previous owner didn't leave the receiver...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I was hoping you could help with a potential boiler build query for my father. He has recently had a new boiler installed via British Gas (valiant brand). The external boiler flue seems excessively tall, proving to be somewhat of an eye sore (please see pictures attached). I know it...
Replies
Views
Background 24 apartments are equipped with thermal stores of (100 to 150 litres) with immersion heater capability. Individual demand of each apartment for domestic hot water varies greatly in timing and volume. Thus the oil boiler is required to work for long periods which is uneconomical...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock