Search the forum,

Discuss Need to replace Myson TRV 2 Way Thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chew

Don't know how hard this is, so any advice on whether this is the sort of job a plumber should do please let me know. I am a competent novice.

Where might I find instructions for replacing a broken Myson TRV 2 Way Thermostat on a radiator?

Thanks

Depends on the type of system, you need to drain down and then remove the old one and fit the new. Add some inhibitor if you wish and then refill and check for leaks.

If its just the head thats broken unscrew the old and put on the new with no need to drain the system.

Thanks plumberdarren,
You were spot on - thank goodness i didnt get a plumber in to do that! You probably saved me £60.
Sorted

Depends you can buy fernox inhibitor in a tube which can be injected through the bleed screw (with trv and lockshield on each side of the rad shut) instructions are on the tube when you buy it or do you already have a different brand?

no darren, just asking in general. heard best was with towel rad but was wondering if not got a towel rad what was best way. thanks mate. does it advise on how much to use? or is just a full container?

thanks alot mate. so would the best way for example be re-fill the CH system, but leave a rad closed,then inject through rad bleed valve,when all in, open TRV and LSV? Sound about right?

Yes sounds good to me or if refilling the system put it in the f&e tank whilst filling if its gravity fed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need to replace Myson TRV 2 Way Thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock