Discuss Need help with incoming water supply in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spadders

Hi guys, I hope you can offer some advice,

We have stripped out our old kitchen, and relocated it in a new extension, the water main comes in at the back of the old kitchen units.
I have attached a photo showing this, along with and a length of 15mm copper which runs 1.4m to the outside wall, on the other side of the wall is the new extension with the boiler mounted about another 1.5m from where the pipe enters the new kitchen.
The problem I have is, the wall behing the pipe is coming out so that a patio door can be fitted, so I can't keep the stopcock where it is now.
Can I put a compression elbow on the plastic, then run into the extension in 15mm and put the stopcock up near the boiler, this would mean the stopcock would be 2.5 - 3m from the incoming pipe.

The incoming black plastic is about 21.5mm OD measure with my digital caliper, the local plumbers merchants sold me a 22m to 15mm elbow with a 3/4 olive and said it would "probably" be ok, I just wanted to ask some of you guys first before I go ahead and find it won't and it's too late.

The reason it's a bit more complicated than it needs to be, is that when we moved in, the boiler was located in the bedroom above, so the pipework is very convoluted at present, I don't have a problem altering any of the other pipework, but this mains feed is worrying me a little.

Many thanks in advance for any help or info you could offer jo 1225.jpg

It looks like imperial pipe so you can get a imperial/metric fitting and then a copper adaptor to go in one end of the fitting

I've got a 22mm elbow, with a 15mm reducer in one side, and a 3/4" olive, just not sure if that's the right way to do it.
Am I ok to locate the stop tap in another room?

Ideally you want the stop tap as close to the point of entry inside your property. If drilling through a wall make sure you sleeve the pipe and a drain off should be fitted immediately after the stop tap. I would also insulate if possible. Btw I get my imperial/metric fittings from BSS. They aren't very expensive.

Where are you based Spadders, someone on here may be able to help you out?

The fitting you have is for imperial copper not plastic pipe. It sounds like you have 1/2" black alkathene. Go to a decent merchant and ask for the correct fitting.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies so far,

Helpsy, Unfortunately I can't keep the stop tap where it is, as it's going to be in the middle of a floor, and the wall you can see immediately behind will be gone, to accommodate a pation door, so it needs to be in the adjoining room.
I'm based in Walsall, West Midlands, and there is A BSS less than 10 miles away, there is a PTS just round the corner too, but have found them quite expensive when I've needed bits in the past.

Destroyer2813, I have been told that there should be a liner inside the existing fitting, and that I can re-use this, but I can't verify that there is one, I guess I won't know for sure until I disconnect. Could I pick one up from PTS or BSS ?

Mike The pipe is around 1" outside diameter and the plastic feels really waxy, if it's any help, the house was built around 1973

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need help with incoming water supply in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine...
Replies
Views
plumber has not fitted water supply pipes level to tiles in shower, one side is approx 5-7 mm out of line, can i fit some sort of extension to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone, if anyone could please offer advice on this issue it would help me with a massive issue regarding the water supply in my flat...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock