Discuss Mystery pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

puddycat

Hi, I am currently fitting an ensuite to my bedroom and am running a waste pipe along the floor joints to the toilet, but on lifting the floor, I have found a 35mm black rubber pipe. Its running at right angles to the direction I am going, and I have no idea what it was ever used for. I live in a black of flats that was once a hotel and before that it was very large family home, so although the pipe seems to start from what is now a single bedroom, who knows what the room was originally used for. I don't want to rip the whole floor up,but I dont want t cut into the pipe until I know whats inside it either.........any advice?

Thank you

Don't cut it incase it is a heavy electric cable!
Or you could lose all your nine lives.

Is it rubber, or is it a soft plastic pipe? Could have been a waste or overflow pipe, but I still would worry about it being a duct pipe full of electric cables.

You won't need to lift all the floorboards, just take out a floorboard section every 4-5 floorboards or so to find its source. You've done the right by not cutting it. Like any pipe or electrical cable that I am going to have to cut in to I want to know 110% that the power is isolated or the pipe is empty. It sounds like the building has gone through a lot of changes in its time and with out brig confident you know what it is I don't think you really have choice but track down the origins of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mystery pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock