Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Myson Power Extra in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BigMeany

Hi guys, I am new here so would like to say hello All!
Is there anyone that could help?
At Christmas last year our boiler started playing up its a Potterton
that isn't a combi.
McAllen the insurance they sent a guy out who replaced the pump
in the airing cupboard and then realised that the valve was sticking
on the Myson valve.
Meh said if it stops again give the slider underneath a waggle
between man and auto and it should sort it.
Meh said he would order the part and come and fit it in the next
2 weeks. 7 months later, we didn't chase the engineer as the
heating and and Water were working fine.
It stopped working on Wednesday I gave it a waggle! Turned on the heating
and it kicked in.
Today it looks like it has given up the go.
We are ok as we can use the immersion and as its summer lol! We don't need heating
but it is the perfect time to get fixed.
Now, I have read the head of the unit can be replaced so no need to flush system but as both lights on etc I believe it's seized.
I am about to call the insurance back is what I think is wrong a fair guesstimate?
Thr only thing I'm worried about is that our last service is now out of date so might effect the insurance?
Whats a reasonable price for a plumber with parts and labour in anyone's opinion.
Would love to hear from you and will post the results of my problem when it is solved for other members.
Cheers Andy.

Hi there Andy and welcome to the UKPF. .... the head usually goes but the actual valve can sometimes stick which stops the motor from turning. If you have a removable head the simply remove it and grease the paddle just to see if that helps but chances are the whole valve needs replaced . ..
We can't really give out prices on open forum Andy but worse case scenario an engineer would take maybe an hour or 2 max to drain heating and replace ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Myson Power Extra in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an old Potterton suprima boiler with a hot water tank and pump. We have hot water but no heating, the light on the boiler is showing amber...
Replies
Views
C
Hello, I'm wondering if you can help me. I have an insurance company who is trying to get me to make my plumber re-quote for work to replace a...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, we've been having a problem with our motorised valves. Every time the heating turns off there a number of loud bangs as if the water is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Pilot light extinction problem on an old Myson Economist has been traced to a faulty overheat limit stat. It's a Ranco LM5P8037...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock