Search the forum,

Discuss My Builder ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve ski

Hello people, Does anyone have an opinion of the best trade sites out there, and what are they? I have started using my builder and am in two minds about it, I have recently moved and looking for more trade not sure wether or not this is the way to go as I seem to get messed about by customers looking for cheap tradesmen ?Or going out to leads that cost you money and time only to find out later they went for the plasterer that would do the (same job) fer a fiver !!​

I have tried a couple, but don't really use them anymore as most of my work comes by word of mouth now. I feel my builder is the best of the bunch, rated people is total rubbish as leads expensive and no contact with customer before money is taken. check a trade is a joke and in my opinion should be fined for misleading adverts as their rep was selling it to me by saying once you have joined get all you friends and family to write a review. there adverts are selling the this site for genuine customer reviews I feel it is misleading that anyone can write a review for you on there without having to have had you carrying out any work also this makes any figures the rep is selling you to encourage you to join false as you can not tell if they are genuine or not. But on the other hand I do know People on check a trade and they say they do get bit of work from it.
I feel my builder is the best one as you get a small amount of contact with customer before money is taken and also there jobs are cheaper to buy than the others, and a transaction has to be made before a review can be written which I feel makes the site better for customers to find genuine good tradesman.

Although obviously there is still ways around this to get yourself good reviews out of the ones I have used I found this the best for me, but word of mouth is always best advertising.

Hope this helps

Thanks mate, totally agree with your opinion here, I think I need to look at the positives here and be happy that I am at least picking up work through them and it's not to costly have been looking at the others you have mentioned and they are as you say a bit of a joke. Many thanks plumb_know.

I have used rated people which costs a fortune and what the customers put down as there price is a bit of a joke (full central heating for £1000!!! And things like that)

I used to use service magic and they were not too bad although didn't get many off them but the ones I had were good, I think quotatis have taken them over or something like that and I saw bad reviews on them somewhere so didn't bother with them.

I have just started with checkatrade at the moment but 1st impressions are not great as I have been told that I am now live and visible but I have checked a few times to see if I come up and I don't, you can find me though if you put my name in so really I am only advertising to people who already know me. I got told it goes by the date of the last review my last review was yesterday and I am still nowhere to be seen so another phonecall is needed to get them to sort it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to My Builder ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking to take my bath out and fit a shower. Regards to tanking. Is it ok to just seal everything with plastic rather than just...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock