Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Monobloc tails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bernieams

Just bought an Instinct Chi monobloc basin tap. The M12 tails fit to the block approx 50mm inside the base. My question is - Do I need to strip down the tap in order to fit the tails due to the very limited access for spanner? Is there a special tool that I need? Any help much appreciated.

Just bought an Instinct Chi monobloc basin tap. The M12 tails fit to the block approx 50mm inside the base. My question is - Do I need to strip down the tap in order to fit the tails due to the very limited access for spanner? Is there a special tool that I need? Any help much appreciated.

you shoulndt really tighten the tails with a spanner, hand tight is best believe it or not. better to fit them to the tap first then when you put them through the basin hole push one nut through at a time. normally a bit tight but should fit.

Don't know about your particular tap, but there should be an "o"ring just below the thread on the tail which makes a seal against the housing you screw it in to and doesn't need to be dogged up, hand tight is usually enough
HOWEVER, this has been my experience and may not be OK for your taps
Can you fit the tails and temporarily connect them up to a mains water source before you fit them to the sink/workptop? turn on water, but leave tap turned off and check for drips/leaks

Know the taps you mean where the tail goes up into the body,but ye hand tight is enough

Many thanks for the prompt replies. Looks like hand tight is the answer and willtest for leaks before fitting to basin as suggested by jonnyswamp.
Thanks again

alittle spit and hand tight the tails. Use a box spanner to fix the tap to the basin is space is limited for a normal spanner.

alittle spit and hand tight the tails. Use a box spanner to fix the tap to the basin is space is limited for a normal spanner.

I use silicone grease saves it ripping the '0' ring to bits if you aint got grease try ky jelly:8:

Always handy having some in your toolbox though, just in case you come across a GILF, be prepared or say bye bye to your frenulum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Monobloc tails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock