Search the forum,

Discuss Mobile friendly tech support numbers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

leelister6

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Do any of you fine chaps know if any of the main boiler manufacturers have mobile friendly tech support numbers cos am fed up of paying for 0800/0844 numbers from mobile. Thanks

Last edited:
All I know is mobile friendly numbers start 03

Learn the job well and you will not need to ring any..the reason they charge is due to the fact most ring who have no idea and should not be doing the job.....

Any general enquires ,just use e mail them

Learn the job well and you will not need to ring any..the reason they charge is due to the fact most ring who have no idea and should not be doing the job.....

Any general enquires ,just use e mail them

You had a bad day? That`s a real helpful reply that is and as for email whilst on site ...........

Pretty sure a nice member posted a list on the forum last year but couldn`t tell you where to search, try different words in the search box.

You had a bad day? That`s a real helpful reply that is and as for email whilst on site ...........

not really :tounge_smile:

Sorry if sounded a bit sharp...but after 30 odd years in the trade,repairing and fitting boilers,I might of rang a Tech support of a boiler maker..err..couple of times,years ago,if I want to know a flue systems limitations or if a unit is suitable,I ring the sales side,or e mail,,have seen lots of engineers given the right run around by tech support also.....but know some engineers keep support on the line for ages,with them trying to explain the simplest of things or procedures,which is one of the reasons they started to charge ...once you know how a certain type of boiler works,and how to use correct test equipment,you should be able to cover most boilers
You can learn and carry knowledge around with you or pay for some over a phone...and hope it is the knowledge you need

Worcester 0330 123 3366
Ariston 0333 240 7777
Glowworm 0330 100 7679
Ideal 01482 498663
Viesmann. 01952 675070
That's all I could be arsed finding

Thanks everyone............... except for the drip. I'm happy for you having an all encompassing knowledge of every boiler ever made and I hope that one day you can pass your omniscience onto others. I feel humbled inhabiting the same planet as one so gifted and hope that one day I can achieve such greatness!

Ha ha i remember years ago being on hold for ages and ages trying to get through to Baxi only to discover when the guy finally answered that I'd phones Worcester by mistake................

not really :tounge_smile:

Sorry if sounded a bit sharp...but after 30 odd years in the trade,repairing and fitting boilers,I might of rang a Tech support of a boiler maker..err..couple of times,years ago,if I want to know a flue systems limitations or if a unit is suitable,I ring the sales side,or e mail,,have seen lots of engineers given the right run around by tech support also.....but know some engineers keep support on the line for ages,with them trying to explain the simplest of things or procedures,which is one of the reasons they started to charge ...once you know how a certain type of boiler works,and how to use correct test equipment,you should be able to cover most boilers
You can learn and carry knowledge around with you or pay for some over a phone...and hope it is the knowledge you need

so you never need to ring the manufacturer then ,so you have every thermistor resistance,fan and gasvalve in your head and you also know from memory specific gas pressures and fga readings ,you also know every part number

so you never need to ring the manufacturer then ,so you have every thermistor resistance,fan and gasvalve in your head and you also know from memory specific gas pressures and fga readings ,you also know every part number

You are suggesting i know everything,i never said that.and expect better from you as you are not a person who spends to much time on tech lines
i do not need to know every thermistor resistance ,i know many are not that much difference,i need to know how to check the resistance changes in relation to temp change...i know how to test gas valves and check verible power supply to fan,gas pressures required should be on id label ,i do not know every fga reading,although i and you know most,the new vaillants took me by surprise being so high...i do have a tablet ,with most common boiler sections of their manuals,servicing ect,if i am commissioning ,i have the hard copies
i have internet on tablet and smart phone now
i am not being clever,just take job seriously ,as you do and try to be orginised ..do i want to be ringing customer support in front of customers..no...often folk ring them to confirm what they already know..i do not need that..and other do not either....boiler parts numbers..many i do..many i don't,,,but i have been to outlets and they try to sell you complete assemblies as they do not know you can get the separate part ,which i have to tell them you can,i have to tell them the part is the same as on another boiler,i have seen they ring up to check part number
i only need part number when it is in stock otherwise i order on line ,find part straight away with or without part number,and my retired neighbor takes collection..sorted
my point is if you are going to do a job ..do it..and learn it..do not depend to much on others..no need and if you do ,you look unprofessional and are just looking for trouble depending on tech lines
going for a pint with submarine man now
:79:

Last edited by a moderator:
You are suggesting i know everything,i never said that.and expect better from you as you are not a person who spends to much time on tech lines
i do not need to know every thermistor resistance ,i know many are not that much difference,i need to know how to check the resistance changes in relation to temp change...i know how to test gas valves and check verible power supply to fan,gas pressures required should be on id label ,i do not know every fga reading,although i and you know most,the new vaillants took me by surprise being so high...i do have a tablet ,with most common boiler sections of their manuals,servicing ect,if i am commissioning ,i have the hard copies
i have internet on tablet and smart phone now
i am not being clever,just take job seriously ,as you do and try to be orginised ..do i want to be ringing customer support in front of customers..no...often folk ring them to confirm what they already know..i do not need that..and other do not either....boiler parts numbers..many i do..many i don't,,,but i have been to outlets and they try to sell you complete assemblies as they do not know you can get the separate part ,which i have to tell them you can,i have to tell them the part is the same as on another boiler,i have seen they ring up to check part number
i only need part number when it is in stock otherwise i order on line ,find part straight away with or without part number,and my retired neighbor takes collection..sorted
my point is if you are going to do a job ..do it..and learn it..do not depend to much on others..no need and if you do ,you look unprofessional and are just looking for trouble depending on tech lines
going for a pint with submarine man now
:79:

fair enough,can see your point,i did have to ring baxi tech on Saturday,the main 24 combi has one gc number and 3 different pcb,s,the problem is it depends who answers the phone at baxi if there a ex engineer you get the right part number,why are you not in a gsr only forum?send me your details via pm

Well I phone Tech, Sometimes its helpful some times just a waste of bloody time depends who you get, some even divulge info perhaps they shouldn't just have to ask the right question in the right way!
Don't think my customers think I'm incompetent, just trying to find the best and most cost effective answer to there problem if not obvious to me.

I must admit that I very rarely phone tech anymore and if I do I never say things like I've got no heating on this boiler what is wrong. Usually it is usually I have narrowed it down to 2 components but I need resistance etc for them to confirm so in a way I think it makes their life easier but some don't like it.

I do think that they should have a list of resistances etc in the manuals (I'm not a worcester fan but usually there manuals have everything you need in there somewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mobile friendly tech support numbers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock