Search the forum,

Discuss Mid position valve problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shaggie16

Hi, can anyone help?
I hve recently had to drain the system completely, twice, to have a radiator replaced, but I'm hoping this is incidental to the problem.

Gledhill thermal store - but that's irrelevant really. Hot water is fine (valve in the non-actuated position.) Central heating only gives a tiny amount of warmth on the rads (not hot at all) even though the store is well up to temp.

If I put light pressure on the lever on the valve acuator, even when the heating is called, it has not moved very much at all. If I manually push the lever to the central position, the rads get piping hot. The room stat is satisfied, the valve actuator returns under spring pressure, but when the room stat calls again, the same problem occurs.

The valve body (not the actuator) was changed earlier this year. I have taken the actuator off, and the valve spindle is easily and smoothly rotated with finger, so I assumed the actuator was duff. However, with the actuator NOT on the valve body, the actuator operates exactly as it should! This confuses me, as I say, the valve spindle itself on the body of the valve can be rotated with light finger pressure....

Is it possible for an actuator to become weak or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks in advance,

-m.

Hi, can anyone help?
I hve recently had to drain the system completely, twice, to have a radiator replaced, but I'm hoping this is incidental to the problem.

Gledhill thermal store - but that's irrelevant really. Hot water is fine (valve in the non-actuated position.) Central heating only gives a tiny amount of warmth on the rads (not hot at all) even though the store is well up to temp.

If I put light pressure on the lever on the valve acuator, even when the heating is called, it has not moved very much at all. If I manually push the lever to the central position, the rads get piping hot. The room stat is satisfied, the valve actuator returns under spring pressure, but when the room stat calls again, the same problem occurs.

The valve body (not the actuator) was changed earlier this year. I have taken the actuator off, and the valve spindle is easily and smoothly rotated with finger, so I assumed the actuator was duff. However, with the actuator NOT on the valve body, the actuator operates exactly as it should! This confuses me, as I say, the valve spindle itself on the body of the valve can be rotated with light finger pressure....

Is it possible for an actuator to become weak or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks in advance,

-m.

Hi, can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

-m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mid position valve problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
Hello Since moving into my property in 2016, I must have been through 5 or 6 mid position valves of various makes. I am just about to swap over the current Drayton MA1 which was installed 8 months ago because it now has the same fault as all the previous ones. The fault is that sometimes (not...
Replies
Views
My 3 way actuator valve has gone on my central heating. I think it's a combination of the valve motor burning out due to a stiff valve on the pipework. I'm considering doing the fix myself but wanted to check I know what I'm doing beforehand or whether I should get a plumber in, have I missed...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I have a Danfoss HSA3 3-port mid position actuator/motorised valve that has failed a few weeks ago which was no big deal as I have just been using the manual override switch on the side to set to either Central Heating or Hot Water as and when I need each until I got round to fitting...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am abit stuck and cant really find a solution anywhere.. So, i have an F&E gravity system. The central heating pump needed replacing as the shaft had seized, changed it all well and good pump working lovely. I am getting only hot water The mid position valve is on the middle setting , if...
Replies
Views
Hi, I had a Drayton ma1 mid position actuator recently installed as central heating had stopped working. Now my heating and hot water will not come on at the same time (with timed settings) and I have been advised that my thermostat is not working which is causing the problem (from the emergency...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock