Search the forum,

Discuss Mid Position Valve has to be frequently replaced in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

G

GlennI

Hello

Since moving into my property in 2016, I must have been through 5 or 6 mid position valves of various makes. I am just about to swap over the current Drayton MA1 which was installed 8 months ago because it now has the same fault as all the previous ones. The fault is that sometimes (not all the time) when the heating is being called at the same time hot water is being called, when the heating gets to temperature and the room thermostat stops calling, the heating remains on with the boiler firing away. The only way to stop the heating is to switch the hot water off at the programmer.

When the valve is replaced can go for a few months working fine, then it happens again. Until now both head and valve have been replaced and I'm about to change just the head (to try and save on calling a plumber out for re-occurring fault)

My only thoughts would be the wiring, but it doesn't have the fault all the time and on all previous occasions my plumber has swapped over the part so assume he has checked all that!

Any suggestions would be most helpful

Many thanks

Glenn

3 ports are cr-p best to replace for 2 2 ports

Reply to Mid Position Valve has to be frequently replaced in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I had a new bathroom fitted about 4 months ago and all was fine until about a week ago. But now when I turn the lever to run the rain head there is a 30s delay until water starts coming out , very slowly then builds up to the flow I would expect. ( I can hear water running and filling up...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: Do frost protection valves trigger when the water in the pipe gets to threshold, or when the air temp drops? Long version: I'd rather use frost protection + anti-freeze cycle on my mitsubishi ecodan heat pump. The warranty is apparently fine with that combination, and it...
Replies
Views
Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved into a house which has cellar within which is a radiator which is part of the central heating system. The rad looks old, rusty and horrible as does the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have I blend valve from Nu-Heat ( they bought it from Reliance, as per attached spec). I have dismantled the valve now 3 times and replaced it with new components from Nu-Heat but the valve is not working properly. The valve replacement seems very simple with 4 main components and some...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber is coming back in a day or so to make necessary repairs. I am a little concerned as the house has a Boilermate 2000 on the upper floor and the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock