Discuss metal stud in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoopy8888

Gas Engineer
IMG_1895.jpgIMG_1894.jpg

came across this situation when installing flue. Metal stud in the way, can't move boiler to the left because of side wall, or right because of door opening.
Is this the way new houses are built now ? outside brick wall, insulation fixed on one side metal frame then plaster board fixed on the other side of metal frame.

Dry lining with metal framework instead of timber

Do Not What ??????????

Fix a piece of ply to two studs or slip some timber down the gap and screw through

this is an outside facing wall not an internal partition wall. I am trying to core 5" hole for the flue. The metal stud at the position of the flue exit.

Last edited:
looks like storm strapping cross bracing stud walls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to metal stud in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Im a homeowner and have had a new shower installed. This meant the installation of a new radiator also. However, the plumber has placed the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, We have a small bathroom, which currently has the toilet on the outside wall, and the sink on the inside wall. What are the...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Hoping for some advice as I seem to be hitting a brick wall. Moved into a house last year, radiators down strairs (4 of them) never really got...
Replies
Views
E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating engineers, asking what would they recommend for heating a granny annexe being built onto the side of my...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock