Discuss Main Mersey Water Heater not lighting on hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ianfoster

I was originally called to this as the pilot was going out.

I changed tthermocouple and then the boiler would not light the burner when the hot tap was switched on.
I suspected the diaphragm.
This was ok, but on checking the gas valve below the burner. Water had leaked into it from the governor and seized the push rod.

I managed to get a new gas valve and governer, but this has not made a difference.
The water flow is 3 to 4 litres a minute.

Also the gas valve although being new, seemed to need a large amount of pressure to open it.

Any pointers would be great - don't see many of these!!!

You will need to prove youre gas Safe mate. Get your posts up to 10 and pm a mod

You will need to prove youre gas Safe mate. Get your posts up to 10 and pm a mod

waste of money, quote for new heater as the part required is £270...ifyou can get one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Main Mersey Water Heater not lighting on hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a tank Bradford White 50 gallon gas hot water heater for a 1700 sq ft home with 2 1/2 baths, HOWEVER, I am only one person living...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I've got a brand new (2nd hand) Bosch Hydropower 16H tankless hot water heater. Since it was installed I have noticed it leaks a lot. I took...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
Background 24 apartments are equipped with thermal stores of (100 to 150 litres) with immersion heater capability. Individual demand of each...
Replies
Views
After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock