Search the forum,

Discuss M10 stud cut to length in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrum

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Does anyone know where you can buy pre cut M10 stud (40,60,80mm ish) ?

Do Geberit do a stud cutter attachment for press tools, I know REMS do?

killing grinder blades and not ending up with a very clean cut!

Does anyone know where you can buy pre cut M10 stud (40,60,80mm ish) ?

Do Geberit do a stud cutter attachment for press tools, I know REMS do?

killing grinder blades and not ending up with a very clean cut!

By a rod chopper thats what i did then quick file of the end , wind on nut if it sticks give it a whack the nut usually flies on .

I was looking at that but the cutters are ÂŁ150.

Easier to buy the pre cut rod for usual sizes and keep a couple of lengths free for longer sections, can cut them with grinder.

I use to bill any extra tools i needed for certain jobs to builders so never use to worry about it to be fair.

Put the nut on the studding past where you intend to cut first then as you unwind the nut off the studding it cleans the burr for you.

eBay ÂŁ50 image.jpg

Put the nut on the studding past where you intend to cut first then as you unwind the nut off the studding it cleans the burr for you.

Good shout but it's still easier buying it pre cut!

jesus, no one use a mini hacksaw now a days :)

Alright gammy hand, jump back in your orange bath tub.

I've got better things to be doing then spend half a day cutting threaded bar with a junior hacksaw. :25:

No!

This is why you're falling apart ate it's not old age it's just doing things the old way that's doing ot

I'm pretty sure that dodgy wrists the cause of his misses cold shoulder, not a junior hacksaw.

any way. its only an orange bath tub if things have gone rather badly and its upside down :)

Merchants for engineers will have single lengths & pre cut.

BSS do precut m10 stud in loads of different lengths the smaller sizes go up in 10mm increments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to M10 stud cut to length in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by the previous owner, they decided to run pipes all along the edge of the garage floor... I do however have one that goes vertically out of the concrete...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
just put a new pop up waste into my basin to find the trap does not fit correctly.. the trap fits just inside the waste thread opening and butts up against the plastic shoulder ensuring the rubber seal is pressed against the end Face of the waste. im able to screw the nut up but even when its...
Replies
Views
M
Hope this is in the right forum. We've a utility room radiator with 10mm pipework; fitted about 6 years ago it has a BOSS TRV which has failed (the sensor plunger just flops around - as if the sensor has leaked) and the radiator is always "on". I don't consider 6 years a reasonable life so I'm...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, in order to replace the solenoid on my shower I need to take it off the wall (bad shower design). I've got all the electrics disconnected, it's detached from the wall itself and I've unscrewed where the water pipe from the wall connects to the shower inlet (I'm sorry I don't know the right...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock