Discuss Low Flow/Pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
24 lam at the mains is poor to start with and if only 18 at the softner then that would indicate to me that the problem is outside. Not inside.
Provided water board are telling truth and not covering their own backsides.

Also I'd disconnect the non return valve that should be near the mains and try it without it.

No NRV, no drain valve, pretty sure the pipe wasn't flushed and probably left in trench for few weeks whilst other work was done with nothing on the ends of pipes.

pretty sure it is mains inlet but only one way to find out, problem is the main is in centre of house, all newly tiled floors.

If you are going to run a temp pipe to an outlet further on, then use it to "blow back" into a large tub to flush back anything that could possibly be in there and do the same with the MDPE with the stopcock removed and being controlled from the street in short bursts.

i would check this if there a water meter fitted ? turn all off in the house (stopcock) and see if meter still spins (possible leak outside if does )

2bar is low for standing pressure

I had similar problem a few months ago but was a shared main someone bodged a section with little bits of copper and some pushfit crap

Affinity Water had cut the main before the meter to test the flow and pressure there... they recorded 24l/min and 2 bar.

We are seeing 2 bar after the stopcock and water softener, so all that is being lost is the flow (from 24l/min to 18l/min).

Whats the dynamic pressure. 2 bar is poor standing pressure imho.

to check dynamic pressure you put a pressure gauge on first outlet i.e. outside tap with it on, then turn on another outlet i.e. kitchen tap. this give you an idea of dynamic pressure.

Thought about viewing the thread, but with 105 replies I decided against it.

previous post it says 2 bar static 1.5bar dynamic

You could ask to check a few of the neighbours properties see what they get

if they are similar then you'll probably have to go the route someone else said ( Break tank, pump etc )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low Flow/Pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
When I turn on the shower or bath, initially the pump runs (quite loudly) and only a trickle comes out. I have to alternate turning on the bath...
Replies
Views
Morning All I have a Megaflo unvented cylinder . Water had been dripping into the tundish so I tried to recharge the air gap, but when I went to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock