Currently reading:
Log Burner Boiler pipework

Discuss Log Burner Boiler pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tim

Hi All
Have two questions first is can i use 22mm pipe on heating side which is pumped and 28mm pipe on the gravity hot water and secondly how far does the copper from the boiler need to be before i can convert to plastic.
Cheers for a very informative site.

Tim

Hi5
Thanks for your advice but can you tell me why you would not use plastic pipe as my existing
heating system is about 90% plastic already.
Cheers
Tim

... can you tell me why you would not use plastic pipe as my existing heating system is about 90% plastic already...

5. Can I connect Speedfit Pipe and Fittings directly to a central heating boiler?

No. Although most modern boilers have a high limit thermostat, residual heat can be conducted by the heat exchanger. Unless the boiler manufacturer states otherwise, a minimum of 1 metre run of pipe from the boiler casing should be copper. This recommendation includes the cold water mains supply to a combi boiler.
Speedfit Products should not be fitted to a back boiler or other uncontrolled heat source.

from John Guest Speedfit Frequently Asked Questions

Having said this, the uncontrolled heat source comment doesn't seem to appear in their latest technical advice, so maybe I'm (we're) out of date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Log Burner Boiler pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock